do u believe in helping the needy?

i do i donate clothes and other things i don't use or need even though i can't afford to go buy new ones i would rather help others. what bout you ladies do and if so what do you do?

butterscotch297

Asked by butterscotch297 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yes, i donate clothes that are not needed and toys that are no longer used or even things that have'nt been used or worn. I donate what we call shoe boxes to africa which contains things for children there like, blankets, teddies, etc. and i always try to give when sponsers happen etc.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 4:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i use to donate clothes to the goodwill and then they sell them, I have stopped that and started taking them to Community Ministires which gives them to poor people. If I cna't use them why keep them and clutter my closet when there is someone who really needs them.
    determind

Answer by determind at 4:16 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Yes I do...doesn't cost anyone anything to be kind.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i also give my clothes away,but i make sure i give to places that re-distribute to to the needy and don't make a profit from it. i also give anything in general that i no longer have any use for. i was trying to ship a vibrating bouncy seat to a fellow cafemom but the shipping was so high she could just buy a new one,so i found someone close to me who needed it!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 4:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Yes I do. Before I had an extreme financial hardship, I would give money to several charities, donate 2 gifts to Toys for Tots, donate 3 gifts and a food item to Adopt-A-Family for Christmas and Thanksgiving, and volunteer at several different activities.

Now that I have nothing to give financially, I donate the baby clothes and items to a single mom, hospital, and women's shelter. Whatever change I have, I put in the kettles for the Salvation Army.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 4:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I donate everything through my local "FreeCycle". Clothes, furniture, toys, books, games, etc. I do this almost weekly to keep my house frmo getting too cluttered. I also crochet hats and scarves for those who need them. Next year I'll be making them with my sister and grandma for a local men's homeless shelter. If I had more time away from the kids, I'd be doing volunteer work as well. Once they're old enough to volunteer, we'll be doing it together!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Yes. Even though there are people who take advantage of charity, there are more people who truly need it.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i donate to my local freecycle everything me and my kids dont need go to someone who needs it but you dont know if those people are selling the stuff or not tho
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• For me.... I tend to get myself in trouble when it comes to helping others. My husband and I both believe that if someone is in need and we can help.... why shouldn't we. Funny though... we never learn, I couldn't tell you how many times we have been taken advantage of but we still help when we can.
    We have done everything from giving clothes to people, I've bought Christmas presents for a (ex) friends child because she didn't have any money, and all sorts of other things. We also do all that we can help our service members and their families. We have given up cable tv and various other things so we have extra money to support our troops.
    Anonymous

• I used to donate to Salvation Army or Crisis Center and they really do good things, but I knew a lady that volunteered at these places and took the best things for herself. She wasn't a poor person by any means. Now I try to give to churches that give to the poor.
    Anonymous