Feeding for 8 months old

I read in the magazine that around 9 months I can start weaning his bottle and feed him more solid. Now he's drink 30oz breastmilk per day, 6oz every 3 hours. Do you think it'll be ok if I stretch it out to 6oz ever 4hours or 24oz per day? I can feed him more solid. Do you think that's a good idea?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• NO. Until a child is 1 year old, breastmilk or formula is to be their main source of nutrition - solids for an infant are for practice, not nutrition. If anything he needs more breastmilk - 30 oz a day is not that much, and 24 oz is definitely not enough. More breastmilk, less solids.
    Anonymous

• While the best nutrition is from breastmilk at this age, I also think you can start introducing fruit and veg along with it, its really upto you on here your going to get all types of opinions on what you should do, as breastfeeding often brings out extreme views on both sides of the arguement, so in the end you do what you think is best, Good Luck!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Probably not, Wait until he is one to do that.
    Proudnewmommy11

Answer by Proudnewmommy11 at 1:49 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• My pediatrician says as long as a child is getting 24 oz/day then the rest can be solids. I can this convo with her a couple of months ago. 30 oz is a lot!

Answer by missanc at 9:16 AM on Jul. 13, 2011