FLEAS!!!!

Ok I was taking care of my ex-husb's dog and now I have a serious flea investation!! I don't know what to do!! Thankfully they bite me mostly but I have over 100 bites and my children have a few, any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pets

• you can bomb your house or call someone to come spray but thats all that will get rid of them good luck
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I had a problem like that but it was with my cats and I gave them a bath with flea/ tick remover shampoo then got a flea/ tick spray from target it was like 7 dollars and put on the frontline flea remover on them and they were gone within a couple of days.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• http://chesterscleanhouse.blogspot.com/search/label/Flies

try here it filled with home remedies

Anonymous

• Bombing your house is the best way to do it.
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 7:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• If you get a flea collar from the store and cut it into pieces put it in your vaccumme bag and then suck them up it will kill them in the bag so that they can't get out or escape when you empty the bag.

The fleas are bad around here this year so good luck! I used that trick, a flea spray and the frontline to get rid of mine and this is the first time we have ever had a problem!!!
    hms1223

Answer by hms1223 at 7:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Def call an exterminator I had the same problem, my brother is an ext so i just called him, so i dont know how much it would cost, but it does work....good luck
    ataxiachic88

Answer by ataxiachic88 at 7:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Go to Walmart, or the Dollar Store and buy the flea spray in a white spray bottle. I works well and kills the eggs that fleas lay.
    Springtadpole2

Answer by Springtadpole2 at 4:16 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Okay here we go...I had the same problem. You have to declare war on the fleas. First vacuum the house well, every crack and crevice then immediately throw the bag out. Then get a flea bomb or spray and spray the house well. Get some stuff from Lowes for killing fleas outside and sprinkle it everywhere, even in the direct sun...they can survive the sun, cold and wet! After all that is done you have to vacuum everyday for a few days and possibly respray. This is because during the flea life it is first worm like, which will be killed by the spray. However after a day or so they spin a cocoon around themself which cannot be penetrated by anything. So, you have to vacuum and spray for about a week afterwards to insure you got all the freshly hatched ones! Hope this helps!! Good Luck!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 4:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• the vet has a spray,called knock out.it is the best stuff I have found,good luck,you'll need it ,oh I hate em
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i put salt all over, and spray vinager, i put candles in sopy water, in whit bowl that works good
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Dec. 19, 2008