Do you fear death

I don't mean other people's deaths I mean the process of your life ending. Lately I've been thinking about it and the thought of the process of death almost gives me panic attacks. I panic when I can' t breath and I would hate for my death to be one of having to struggle for my next breath. I mean I wish I could just KNOW that death is instanteous. One minute you are breathing the next minute everything is just shut down. None of this knowing it's about to happen stuff. No pain no fear just over. Am I the only one who is scared of the whole dying process

sexy_with_5

Asked by sexy_with_5 at 4:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• NO! I fear the pain that the ending of my life will cause those than love me! I am not big on pain either so I kinda hope it's painless. But DEATH itself?? Nope! I am firm in my beliefs of what happens next... I don't fear it at all!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:17 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I don't mean the what happens next. I mean the process of dying. I don't mean suicide either. Just death from whatever causes happen to make you die
    sexy_with_5

Answer by sexy_with_5 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• No. I am going to be happy and I am telling everyone to throw a party for me because I am finally goign to be with Jesus!
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 4:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I don't think you guys are understanding. I'm not talking about the "what comes next" of death. I mean the actual process you have to go through to die. That's what scares me.
    sexy_with_5

Answer by sexy_with_5 at 4:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Do you mean like, every night we go to sleep, than we do not wake up or everyday we wake up, than one day we wake up, go about our day, than get into an accident and do not survive the injuries?

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I fear the "how" not death itself. I want it to be quick, painless, and the only thing that I hope is that I go before my children.
    Kimluvsher2boys

Answer by Kimluvsher2boys at 4:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• eitehr one. I am terrified of a painful death too cause I'm a wuss who doesn't like pain but even dying from old age"peacefully" I hope that all vitals just stop instantneously without having to struggle for a breath or your mind wanting your lungs to inflate and they just won't. That kind of "oh God I need air" survival instinct kicking in right before you kick the bucket lol so to speak
    sexy_with_5

Answer by sexy_with_5 at 4:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• You are worried that death will be long and painful or drawn out...?
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 4:58 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• To some degree I worry about the "dying process". I hope it's nothing too horrifying. I'm sure many of us see a "death scene" on TV or whatever and think "I hope I do or don't die like that". Right? Like when I saw Titanic and I made a comment about how sad it was and I hope I don't die like that. And my ex said that when you freeze all your organs just slow down and that it would probably be like falling asleep. And then I thought, well maybe that wouldn't be so bad then. LOL. But then I also believe in reincarnation and the fact that we have died many, many times. And it must not be too terrible or I can't imagine us wanting to go through it again.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 4:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Jen I agree with you about reincarnation so I think you are right it must not be that bad
    sexy_with_5

Answer by sexy_with_5 at 5:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2008