Student loan forgiveness?

Do you know anyone who has actually had student loans forgiven?....how did they do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yes. A few of my friends who are teachers are part of a loan forgiveness program. I'm not sure of the exact requirements, but they had to teach a certain amount of years before their loans would be forgiven, and I believe it was just their federal loans. Other than teachers, I haven't personally known anyone else to have them waived.
    JessiFaye

Answer by JessiFaye at 9:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• If you teach in what is considered an impoverished area - yes it can be forgiven. Otherwise, it is very , very hard to get it forgiven.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Read the following conditions: Circumstances and Conditions for Loan Discharge

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I've never known anyone who qualified for it. It can be very difficult to qualify.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 11:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I think it is possible ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2011