It's been 3 months.....

I wrote before in this section about my boyfriend not having a job and how stressful it's becoming. Well, it's almost been three months since he's had a job, and I've spent almost two months of that being with him. I dunno how much longer i can take this. Everytime we bring it up in an argument he says I'm being too harsh on him, and so does everybody else. I feel Im not being hard on him at all....it's a reality check. You can't live without money, therefore, you need a job. Were constantly arguing about money, his parents, bills....Im getting so sick of it. Im tired of always being the one working, and I dunno how much longer I can wait. I've had an ex boyfriend do this SAME THING and he could never keep a job either. I dunno if I should wait longer...or dump him......what should I do?

jamiesmom8788

Asked by jamiesmom8788 at 4:17 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• Dump and then run. You are destined to keep choosing the same kind of guy unless you change what you're looking for & where you're looking. It isn't just you. Some women choose abusive men over and over and don't understand why. It is because they are changing nothing in between. You have to make an consciousous effort to look for a different kind of guy.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• LOL you really have to ask? Im not sure what your age is, but if the guy doesnt go to school full time and have some kind of income...........he needs to be working a full time job or two part time jobs.

Do yourself a favor and try being happy and financially stable with out a boyfriend. You dont need extra baggage and guys that dont work are baggage. Have some respect for yourself. Be a little picky and hold out for someone who has a job and goals.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 4:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Wait....are there kids involved that belong to him?

IF NOT THEN YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE......RUN AND DON'T LOOK BACK
    Anonymous

• Dump him. That's the first question to ask a guy. "do you have a job" then "whats you name".

Answer by louise2 at 4:29 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I hate to be the only one to say this BUT did everyone forget just how crappy to economy is right now..........is he not even trying or trying but not finding anything........if heis not even trying then dump and run (assuming there are no kids between the 2 of you)
    Anonymous

• Dump and run. I hate lazy people. At least if hes trying then that is a different story but if hes not even trying DUMP AND RUN. Why work when he has you to support him? I am also assuming there is no kids involved in your situation?
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I would get into counseling and get a reality check for myself. It depends on how much he is working to find and keep a job that counts and that isn't clear from you question. If he is laying around, biding his time while you work, consider the separation now and use the counseling to avoid round three with your next bf. I wouldn't want to live with any one again unless they were commited to providing if that's what I was looking for. Set your sites on a better choice.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 5:29 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• is he not looking and wanting one or can't find one. i haven't been working for a few months but then again i'm not looking to hard but tough times right now to find any. i don't think this is something you can live with so i wouldn't wait.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I looked for two months straight, and I found a job. It's not that difficult.....yea, the economy sucks, but it's not impossible......
    jamiesmom8788

Answer by jamiesmom8788 at 6:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2008