Do you have a schedule for your baby?

also, what do you think baby without a schedule?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We had a schedule, but it wasnt strict by the minute and exactly the same everyday like many people, but we fed at the same times, bathed the same time most days but we left room for changes depending on what we were doing each day, she is now 4 and pretty much still eats lunch and dinner at the same time each day and goes to be at around 7pm each night, she fell into her own schedule, I think babies need some form of structure and routine, its comforting to them, but I couldnt do the strict regimented thing, it just wouldnt work for us.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I have NEVER scheduled my babies. Babies need what they need when they need it. They aren't going to fit to what you feel they should or want them to do. I can't stand this idea of making infants conform to the parents wants... Just makes my head spin. If you wanted something that would live on YOUR schedule, you should have got a fish, not had a baby!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Son is 3 months old, and we don't have a schedule. We change and feed and bathe him when he needs it, let him sleep whenever he wants for however long he wants, and cuddle him when he'll take it...

I can't imagine running our lives on a clock...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• My son has a schedule for us lol. It just so happens that he eats and naps around the same times everyday with minor changes. We fell into a routine based on how my son chose to spend his days.
    pinkie8986

Answer by pinkie8986 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I did not schedule my children, but they both fell into their own schedules that changed as they aged. If you are nursing the worst thing you can do is schedule feedings. This sets you up to all kinds of issues.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:03 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• By the time they were eating and napping more regularly we had a loose schedule. naps and bedtime and meals were all at the sameish times. I've never had my kids on feeding schedules. I breastfed them all but one stopped earlier and had formula but I still did demand feeding with formula.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• No, she sleeps whenever she feels she needs to rest...They do what they want in their own minds...They will work into a sleep schedule eventually
    Proudnewmommy11

Answer by Proudnewmommy11 at 1:48 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Yes - my kids were all on a schedule. We took their natural schedule and molded it to fit in with our lifestyles. With 5 kids - I need some type of routine! I just don't understand not having a schedule and then all of a sudden when they are 3-4 and start preschool - BAM, you spring it on them.

Answer by missanc at 9:15 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I would call it more of a routine. We don't go by times, just an order of events. I thnk babies thrive on the routine, not necessarily the times events happen.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 1:03 AM on Jul. 17, 2011