Potty trainging issue.. My 3 yr has no interest in using the potty.. Or even wearing underwear any suggestions??

Kimberelyj

Asked by Kimberelyj at 9:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• How about a bit more info. Exactly how old is your little one? What strategies have you tried? Did you / do you use cloth or disposable diapers? What about night-time? Have you tried just using the toilet?
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• He is 3! We are using disposable diapers. Um through the nite he goes like one he ain soaked or anything when I change him. He has a potty in the bathroom
    Kimberelyj

Comment by Kimberelyj (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• When we potty trained our daughter we tried to make it interesting by reading books about being a big girl and I found a Sesame Street coloring book all about potty training. I also did a sticker chart that she helped me make. I tried to potty train too early and she fought it but once I calmed down about it she came to me and said she was ready. After that it was about a week before she was dry all day and almost always dry at night.
    MommyofTwo331

Answer by MommyofTwo331 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• As long as you think your child is able to understand you. I would keep him in diapers and for 3 weeks straight do not even talk about potty training give him time to forget about it then one day when you have a solid block of time at home just tell him straight that he is a big boy and is not going to wear them any more, take him out let him choose himself some big boy pants and then just remove the diaper and keep on at him , every 5 mins, shaddow him if need be. If he pees on him self, calmly explain that it isnt acceptable to do that and have him sit on the pot. If he pees in the pot, praise him so much, stickers, hugs a happy song. Well this was what I did with my son and it worked. I brought my son a potty a potty book and pants and wrapped them up as gifts. After a few mistakes, I would warn him the next time he pees on him self he would be punished with a time out. If need be praise up big time just for sitting. :)
    Reia631

Answer by Reia631 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 13, 2011