This is awesome! "Sister Wives to Chalenge Utah Anti-Bigamy Laws & Fight for the Rights of Plural Families"

Kody Brown and his four wives - the stars of the reality TV show "Sister Wives" - will soon be the subjects of another real-life drama, this one at the federal court in Salt Lake City, Utah.

The Browns plan to challenge the state's anti-bigamy statute Wednesday, when attorney Jonathan Turley files a complaint on behalf of the family's fight for the rights of "plural families."

Read More: http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/12/reality-tv-sister-wives-to-challenge-utah-anti-polygamy-law/

What are your thoughts?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Good for them. They're all adults and if the chose to share a husband they should be allowed to do so. I don't know why everyone cares so much about what others are doing in their own homes.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I think my husband only needs one wife. He doesnt need any ideas.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• But yes, I agree if they dont kill each other, to each their own...
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 9:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• The statute has been ignored for decades so does it matter ?
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Well, first, does Utah even allow gay marriage? I would think that should pass before this but I'm not against it either.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Adults shouldn't have the law telling them how to live IF they aren't hurting anyone... GOOD LUCK with the case!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• so true sugamama3! Mine too!!!! haha! But if its something other people wanna do more power to em i dont necessarily agree with it but whatever love is love!!!! =)
    raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 9:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

Ignored does not mean legal!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Actually it has not been ignored that is the problem they have been going after polygamists and putting them in jail (in Utah). If they did not prosecute and jail the polygamists that where all legal adults and not abusing the system they would get a lot more help and find it easier to jail the sects that are marring young girls and abusing welfare.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I would fully support the right of multiple spouses, or "plural families" as they're calling it. I'd wish them luck!
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2011