How do you travel with 1 and half year old?

I have a wedding to go next year when my son is around 1 and half. The flight will take about 4 or 5 hours, do I have to bring a car seat when I rent a car? what should I bring to the flight? can I rent stroller and car seats anywhere? I will be going to California so I'm sure there are something available that I dono't know of. Any suggestions?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Travel

• Most airlines call a child under age 2 a "lap child" and don't charge if they sit on your lap. They'll let you check a carseat and stroller IN ADDITION to your own luggage.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• A car seat wasn't required when I took my daugther on a plane but that was almost four years ago. If you're going to be traveling by car then you may as well bring it with you. It might help with keeping him in one place too. I don't know if you can rent a carseat but you can rent strollers at most airports. And for the flight just bring a few toys, snacks (or they give you a choice on the flight) and a drink. On that long of a flight he will probably take a nap too.
    MommyofTwo331

Answer by MommyofTwo331 at 10:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Lots and cheerios and games - and even then the LO might fall asleep on the plane ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• yes you need a carseat. you can bring ur stroller for free.
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 8:43 AM on Jul. 16, 2011