Netflix

We're looking into joining Netflix and getting the unlimited dvds and unlimited streaming (though the Wii). And yes, I know about the increase in price and no longer being able to bundle those two things. I want to know what experiences, good and bad, you've had with them.

Please bump if you don't have any answers, I'd like to get as much information and as many answers as I can. Thanks!!

Megs5384

Asked by Megs5384 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Entertainment

• I've never had a bad experience with Netflix. We've been a member for 3 1/2 years. We stream through PS3, but the DVDs come and go quickly to and from their shipping center, and I love the instant stream. We don't bother getting cable, because we are movie watchers, and are entertained with the TV seasons they provide on DVD and streaming.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 10:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• We have Netflix, but we only do the unlimited streaming. I love it! Obviously we don't get as much choice as when we had the DVDs as well, but I love that I can stream it on the Wii, the computer, my iPad... it's great! We've never had any problems with them.
    JessiFaye

Answer by JessiFaye at 10:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I run into problems with Netflix, though I like it. Online streaming sometimes offers a crummy picture. Often we find the choices for kids to be mediocre for streaming. There's been trouble playing and getting the right DVD. Streaming for adult shows is better....I don't know. I've had to call about three times for unplayable discs and when that happens, you can't run down to the video store and get a new one...you wait for the mail and that's a bummer. Especially over the weekend!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I have recently subscribed to Netflix to watch movies and TV shows on my Xbox 360. There is quite a bit to pick from, but anything new is only on DVD, so I am about to add it. I just think it sucks that they keep the best stuff on DVD only. It is $8. a month just to have Netflix on the Xbox360, and then I have to add $2. more a month so I can get the DVDs now.

Amr1075

Answer by Amr1075 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I LOVE Netflix. I have it on my accct on 2 iPhones, 2 Playstations, 1 xbox, and get the DVD's one at a time. The steaming is a little off sometimes, and isnt always the most current things, but it is PERFECT for when the SD wants to watch Scooby-Doo, and it is not on cable right then, most of the time she requests a certian episode that she has already seen. It is WAY cheaper than Blockbuster, and no late fees, unless you keep it more than a month, then they charge your acct for the DVD, and if you return it, they credit your acct (unless you have had it forever) and they understand that things do get lost in the mail. (tho dont take advantage of that!) They also have Blu-ray for an extra 2 bucks, but that is obviously optional. I have had it since 07, if you have any $$$ issue you can "suspend" your acct for I think 2 months. It is PERFECT!
    baquick

Answer by baquick at 10:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• We love Netflix. The only problem we have is "internal" - if we use the microwave while streaming something, it quits, or reloads, or whatever. Other than that, for us, it's worth it.
    Anonymous

• I love it. I think we can get the DVD's as well, but we usually just stream. I actually enjoy being able to pick and choose what I want to watch and when. BTW so much cheaper than cable which hasn't been in the budget for almost 4 years.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i love ti but had to put my account on hold at the moment due to income issues
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• We LOVE netflix, the fiance has it through xbox live and we have never really had any issues with it. :)
    RigPrincess85

Answer by RigPrincess85 at 12:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• We love love our Netflix. We have been Netflix subscribers for many years.. It is one of the main sources of all of our family viewing entertainment. Second most used being the Library.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2011