Should CM delete your account, or expose the rude anons, if someone is posting anonymously and constantly harassing another member?

Is it acceptable for someone to check your daily answers so they can post anon vote you down and "call you out"? Or to personally attack you on a public forum?

Or even better, maybe CM should pull the anon cover On them when they do it,so everyone can see who they are and they will be accountable for what they say. That way the ones who go anon and NOT abusing it don't get categorized along with them. Hense alleviating some of the anon screen name battle.

I'm not just speaking for myself, and I won't name members, but this seems to be a trend lately. I noticed a lot of members getting personally dogged every time they answer a question.

Why is it OK for them to harass you anonymously with no consequences? We should be able to see their activity seeing as they are watching ours.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Even if they use their 'real' login, they are still anon. I mean, if you were my friend, you could see all my stuff and you would still no know me nor how to contact me except for e-mail.

I think that they should be able to block their IP address after the first deleted account. That would hinder them from making another account to keep attacking.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I think those types of posts need to be reported to CM's attention...
    comfycouch

Answer by comfycouch at 10:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I agree if someone is being harassed for no reason, the people behind it should have consequences. Its ridiculous when you cant even be "safe" here on CM.

mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 10:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• CM knows who the anons are.
    comfycouch

Answer by comfycouch at 10:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Jade mom, you are soooooooooo right! Hit the nail on the head.

Comfy, the stuff DOES get reported.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• And if someone pissed you off so bad that you don't like them, well grow the hell up! Stay clear of them. Leave them alone. Why is that so hard?
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Once upon a time, they took away the right to post anon if you were reported too many times. I've suggested they re-integrate that into the point system. (and last time I mentioned that, my own personal anon stalker insisted on popping up to be a bitch about it, how ironic)

They won't do anything about it unless people tell them it's an issue.  Post about it there (in that group) or use the CM feedback.  Whether you agree with my solution or not, they won't do anything unless there are squeaky wheels asking for it.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i love anon - it keeps things interesting.
    Anonymous

• Taking away the anon button will only work for so long...they will just make a fake account with a fake name and you still won't know who they are so back to square one.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Lol anon, it's okay to keep it interesting. This post isn't about hating anons. It's about abusing it to harass others.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2011