fish oil?

DId you take fish oil along with your prenatal vitamins? I have been doing so for a few months but am now concerned I have been taking too much (I take 1 pill a day). I use Nature's Made. Did other moms take them when pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• This is something that you should ask a natural doctor about. I would think that it is harmless, but at the very least your doctor should know that you are taking them.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 4:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• You have to be careful with what you take. Some fish contain mercury and you cannot take that when you are pregnant. You could harm your baby. See about taking Flaxseed while pregnant.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I've only taken prenatal multivitamins every day, before, during and after pregnancy. I'm pregnant again and haven't thought to take fish oil.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 4:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• At my first Dr's appt he told me that if I didn't like any of the samples he gave me I could take over the counter prenatals plus fish oil. I would double check with your dr, but mine actually recommended it.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 5:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• When I was pregnant with my first, I also took fish oil, which was prescribed to me by my doctor. It contains Omega-3 fatty acids that help with the baby's brain development. The pills don't contain any mercury since the oil usually comes from Salmon so it shouldn't be harmful. But if you have any doubts ask your Dr!
    jujubean003

Answer by jujubean003 at 1:55 AM on Dec. 18, 2008