Did you ever feel like a single mom even though you aren't?

Even though you have a SO and he lives with you, do you ever feel like you are a single parent? Do you sometimes get so overwhelmed that you think you can't handle it anymore?

LoftisLove

Asked by LoftisLove at 4:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• I feel like BEING one. I might as well be..
    Anonymous

• oh yeah i feel like that everyday pretty much my kids dad wont do anything i do it all take them to school pick them up and so on he wont even watch them without fighting with me about ti
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 4:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I DO I DO I DO!!!!!! I hate it, I am about to make it that way for good!
    Anonymous

• Yes when my husband isn't at home when he is in work i and I'm doing something with my boys or just trying to tidy the house when they are running around and messing it up after me or when it's dinner time it is absolutely chaos especially with 5 boys under 5.

Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 4:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• oh yeah i do i am working now and he is layed off i am still doing everything caring for my baby doing all the cleaning and the cooking its so stressful
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 4:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• yep i did, we talked about it constantly, told him things need to change, well they didnt. now i am a single mom and believe or not things are less stressful!
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 4:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I feel that way a lot. My husband is head coach for the local high school hockey team along with playing two nights a week for a mens league. We discuss his busy schedule often and he thinks having his own interests makes him a better parent. I do beleive doing things that you love for yourself and giving yourself a brake from your kids is good but within reason. The best advice I can give you is to schedule "me time". That means leaving the kids with your husband while you do something for yourself!!! I have just recently started doing this because I started to resent him. This has helped a lot and it also gives them the opportunity to understand what us mothers do while they are doing their own thing.
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 4:41 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Yes I often feel like a single parent even though we are married and both live in the same house. But no, I don't let myself get overwhelmed.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• This question irks me. No person with a SO can possibly feel like a single mom does. You have two incomes, you have some help even if it's even a little...taking out the garbage, someone to vent to in the home, etc. Single moms have to do EVERYTHING and have no one else in the home to help out in any way...even if it's something as simple as changing a lightbulb or putting batteries in teh remote control
    Anonymous

• I always feel like that; my husband leaves at 5:30 am and sometimes doesn't get home until 8:00p.m. and he usually works on Saturdays too so on Sundays he just wants to relax; I know he wants it quiet but how do you keep a 5 year old quiet all day long? I feel bad sometimes because he works so hard all week so he should get some downtime but when he's home, Peter wants all his attention.
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 5:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2008