Strongly considering letting god plan our family

It's not exactly a new thing for me and my husband because of our infertility we've been on any kind of birth for a little bit of all 3 years of our marriage and we only have one child and not by choice. We are currently trying to get pregnant again and we are on our 10th month of that.
But my Husband and I have been talking about it and I was wondering if anybody else has taken this step? How do you get past the fear of being called an idiot or worse? I personally have c-sections so how do you take that next step past the fear of causing complications from having babies to close together? FYI I've never been able to get pregnant in less then a year so far so I'm not hugely concerned about having 14 children or having a huge number of irish twins. But I am a little concerned as to what you say to your doctor at your six week check up?

We have already discussed what to do if the doctor says no more c-sections and we said that we will prayerful consider stopping for health reasons. So I have no intention of killing myself.

EDIT-Ok change of wording for religious reasons we are strongly considering never going on birth control again without a STRONG medical need.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• IMO god gave us a brain to use,, if you have c-sections in your history, you should talk to your doctor,,, god gave the knowledge as well, and you need to take care of the kids you already have before you embark on "GODS" will, it could be the devil telling you to do it after all? LOL!
    Anonymous

• I'm not really sure what you mean. If you're infertile, then you don't need to use birth control. But then you say you have one baby and are trying for another, I think you're saying?? so you're not on birth control because you are TTC? So what do you mean by "taking this step"? Are you thinking that after you have another child, assuming you manage to get pregnant, you're thinking you won't ever use birth control?? I think that's another issue of another day, personally, and not a step you are taking right now because it's not an issue right now. Know what I mean? If you have another baby and if you still feel like leaving the potential conception of a third child in God's hands, well that's a decision you can make then.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Here again it takes us a long time for us to get pregnant anyway.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Well, if I left it all up to GOD, I would be pregnant every year! I have the opposite issue, I seem to be SUPER Fertile! We got pregnant when our daughter was only 5 months and we were using birth control and condoms!!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 11:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Do you mean that you already have kids and have been advised by the doctor that this would be dangerous? I think God or not your first responsiblity is to your current children,, and you could look at it as that if God did not help doctors ( the C-sections) you and your current kids might not be here now,, you could use some form of BC that your beliefs would allow,, but if I was HIGH risk and already had kiddos to take care of,, I would think that is the sign that God wanted me to have,, good luck and hugs to you.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• No I was talking about what to do after we have this next baby. We've had these feelings since we got married but I still let my OB/GYN talk me into going on the mini pill for several months and then several months of condoms after because we were scared to get pregnant too soon after my surgery. I felt horrible about it every time I took my pill and we both felt bad about the condoms.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• @kimigogo I was talking about that they recommend that you don't get pregnant again for at least a year months after your surgery. That's it people do it all the time but it's not advisable. Since we don't seem to get pregnant in that small of a time period(six months is still considered safe but not as ideal and we've never managed that).
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• god makes those choices anyway...but you need to worry about one child at a time......stop worrying about ten down the line......cross the bridge as you get to it, not before you even see it.....
    southernlady184

Answer by southernlady184 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Don't worry about being embarrased with the OB at your six week check up...it's not a big deal to say you won't be needing any prescribed birth control methods for the time being...lots of couples just use over-the-counter options.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 11:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I believe in talking it over between you and your husband and making a decision based on religious views of birth control and health. Then take it to God and pray about it. EVERYONE isn't meant to have 15 kids or 5 or 2 or 10....so it's between you, your husband and God to decide what the plan for your family is.
    I have had 3 c sections and after the 3rd, my uterus wouldn't contract back on it's own....so I think it's see it's last pregnancy.....I hat twins my second pregnancy and they did a number on my pelvic floor muscles and nerves by my pelvis. So, in total we've had 4 kids, ages 4 and under...all were more than a year apart. Let your body heal and take it to God.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 11:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2011