Every have a bat in your house?

We had one get in tonight when my daughter let the cat out it must have got in.. anyways, we got it out, but my mom was over and just seeing her react to it was hilarious.. (this isn't the first time we've had one get in, we live in the country so it happens once every few years).

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 11:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Oh goodness yes! You should have seen my reaction! It scared the crap out of me. I was visiting my in laws while my hubby was deployed and was walking up the stairs to put my at the time 5 month old to bed. I flipped on the light which kicked on the ceiling fan and the damn thing chased the fan and then me all the way down the stairs, LOL! I went running into my in laws room and hid behind their bed while my FIL caught it and sent it on its way outside. My MIL said my facial expression was priceless! :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• LMAO....I thought you meant a baseball bat. I was gonna say yes cause both my kids played this year...HAHAHAH

But, no, never had a BAT in my home. And hubby is terrified of them, so its probably a good thing!
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 11:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• No
    country_mom_07

Answer by country_mom_07 at 11:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• a bat no, a bird yes. There was a nest over out front door the last 2 years and once one of the birds got scared and flew inthe house. I pushed the kids in the bathroom and was screaming for dh to come and get it out! He was sleeping (night's) lol he got it out and asked me to not let birds in the house anymore! lol
    had a crow in the vent once too, scared the crap out of me!!!!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Oh my goodness no, but I would freak out if it did! Actually July 4th we were out on the front lawn and we heard a noise of what seemed like a swarm (if that's what I can use to describe it) of bats and some little black things were flying and my hubby and bro were telling me they were bats... they were flying not tooo high, but not low enough for me to actually tell if they were bats, they looked like little birds to me,,, but I was freaking out and still not sure if they were just pulling my leg or if they really were bats!!!!!!!!
    AromaMia

Answer by AromaMia at 11:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• aromamia if it was night out it probably was bats, birds don't typically fly at night and bats don't typically fly during the day.
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 12:04 AM on Jul. 13, 2011