What shampoo/conditioner do you use and why?

I use joico k-pac because honestly, it's cheaper than the cheap store brands when used properly, and it works 100X better. It doesn't just make it LOOK healthy it actually KEEPS my hair healthy.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 11:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I use Redken I love it!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:33 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Herbal Essences and Suave work pretty well, smell great, are cheap and honestly work as good or better than the salon kinds I've used before. I get lots of compliments on my hair but I barely do anything to it.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 11:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Whatever is cheapest right now. When I have money I like the nexxus brand.
    Grungalax

Answer by Grungalax at 11:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I use several differnt shampoo's and conditionsers. I find that if I use the same ones several showers in a row it makes my curls flat or gives me build up. I think in the shower I have 3 differnt kinds of shampoo and conditioner choices and one 2 in 1.
    I don't wash my hair every day either, my hair dresser always comments on how healthy my hair is considering that I blow dry and use a flat iron on it.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Suave professionals. It's inexpensive and works well.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• The kind the Dollar Tree sells in the red bottle. Lol.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• i have 2 sets of shampoo/conditioners. my everyday, not doing anything, SAHM shamp/cond is plain old Suave in strawberry or green apple (it smells awesome!). my out & about, going to class or church, date night shamp/cond is Protene Pro-Vs Fine hair products specifically the "flat to volume" line.

im extremely cheap when it comes to beauty products b/c i dont have the money to waste on something that i can get for next to nothing that does the same thing...gets my hair clean & manageable.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• I either use Tresemme' soft and silky shampoo and conditioner or Aussie's for dry, thirsty hair. If I had my choice I would always use VOLUMAX from our local beauty supply shop, but it is just too expensive right now....lol
    KaleidoCurlz

Answer by KaleidoCurlz at 1:14 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• "im extremely cheap when it comes to beauty products b/c i dont have the money to waste on something that i can get for next to nothing that does the same thing...gets my hair clean & manageable. "

those products don't NOT do the same thing as the other brands.. and you waste more money using pantene than you would if you bought a bottle of professional shampoo and condtiioner and used it correct.. (with "cheap" products you end up using more per wash than needed, so that professional bottle will last you up to a year easily vs every month for the cheaper products that you need to use a lot more inorder for them to create a healthier look)
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• "Herbal Essences and Suave work pretty well, smell great, are cheap and honestly work as good or better than the salon kinds I've used before. I get lots of compliments on my hair but I barely do anything to it. "

what salon brands have you tried? and define "work as good or better".. lol. does coating your hair with crap to make it shine qualify as better than actually maintaining the actual health of your hair and having a natural shine??
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 12:09 AM on Jul. 13, 2011