My husband drinks and when he does he is verbally abusive towards me. He has slowed down on the drinkin but then sneaks to drink wine and it's so annoying because it's like babysitting a two year old when he is drunk! What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Hugs I have no idea, unless he see's this as a problem it won't likely change.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• LEAVE. My uncle was a mean drunk and my dad did nothing to protect me. When we'd go over to the uncle's house they'd go drink for hours and we could not walk out the door until I was in tears. I was an 8 year old little girl. The older I got, the meaner HE go.

Your husband will only get worse the longer you are together.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• leave because im stuck now because of this
    BR213

Answer by BR213 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• tell him to get help or your out the door...but be preparred for the answer! also go to Ala-non the people there are in your situation and can help.
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 12:21 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I don't know how you stand it!! He would have to straighten up and get help or I would be out the door, even if it was just a seperation to hopefully sober him up. Bless your heart!! I really feel for you. My parents were drunks for about 15 years and it was the absolute hardest time of my entire life. I don't know how people live like that. I don't.
    I would make arrangements to either get him out for now....or to stay somewhere while he gets help at AA and you two can get back on track with marriage and sobriety!!!!
    .
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 2:58 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• You can try and see if he will get help. Physical abuse is right around the corner of verbal so if he doesnt think he has a problem- I think mabye there is an underlying problem that makes people drink or medicate themselves- then you need to leave. Dont say your going to leave unless you really are. Remember YOU teach people how to treat YOU.
    cluemein

Answer by cluemein at 3:14 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Come to my profile........

Turn down volume, if he is home.

Apply for group, and say "THE OWNER LAURA INVITED YOU "
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 3:38 AM on Jul. 13, 2011