Dh has a drink and all of a sudden he has an Irish accent???

Usually by the second beer he will start to talk with an Irish accent. He is part Irish but no one in his family has an accent. They were all born here too. So I call him yesturday at his dad's to see how the work was coming along and when he'd be home. He was talking in his Irish accent again and I asked him "had a few did ya?" I don't mind him kicking back and having a few but really buddy the accent must go! If he's drinking with someone who has an accent he will take it on too. Sometimes it's pretty entertaining because he doesn't realize he's doing it. lol
He went to get me a drink once and came back with a Boston accent. So meet anyone at the bar? Yeah this guy from Boston, You don't say!! lmbo But the Irish one is getting really annoying!!!!

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 11:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• sidesplittinglaughterThat is TOO FUNNY:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• Lol! I would find it amusing. If you don't like the irish accent I say bring around someone who is from france or some other country. Maybe he will begin to speak french :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• lol I went to visit my relatives in the south one time and after an hour card game with my uncle I was starting to have a southern accent. Yikes! (And no, I don't drink!) Maybe he really can't help it.
    Anonymous

• my daughter is like that.......they say that some people just pick it up without realizing it.....its a gift but not always something they can control......laugh it off and go with it....
    southernlady184

Answer by southernlady184 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Oh I find that I will pick up an accent when I'm talking with someone long enough who has one too.
    But he will break out this Irish accent and it will get heavier if he has more to drink. I'm not bothered to the point of hating the accent, it's just annoying. You know how husbands do those annoying things?!?!
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I'd love it if my husband took on the Irish accent of your husband...and traded it for the Elvis impersonation that comes out when he's three sheets into the wind!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:14 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• GoodyBrook, rofl!!!!!
    Do you live in Canada because I think we used to be neighbours! There was a guy, we'd never met, I don't think, who lived down the street from us and he was obviously drunk and outside and he would start to sing. Mostly Elvis but now and then he'd belt out some Backstreet Boys! It was awesome!!!
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I've known several people like that. DH gets a British accent (he's 1/4 British, and his grandma still has an accent, I think, but he rarely spends time around her), which I don't mind at all lol. I get VERY southern when I drink certain liquors, especially if I'm drinking with my BFF (she's originally an Alabama girl, and I'm from NC, though, so maybe it just come back when we drink lol).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:23 AM on Jul. 13, 2011