Anyone ever take spironolactone for acne???

KlousMomi

Asked by KlousMomi at 4:41 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Health

• Yes. I took it after I gave birth to my son. My skin was so out of control & I had tried everything. It took a month after taking spironolactone before I seen results but then it completely cleared up. You have to take blood work just to see how your body will react to it & then again for your next checkup. I thought it was worth it & would recommend it to anyone.

onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 5:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Spironolactone is clinically used for controlling and regulating blood pressure. If a doctor is prescribing that to you for skin problems, please keep in mind that that would be for an "off-label" use, and you are at risk for the serious side effects common to the medication. *I am a Medical Assistant at a cardiology office* Please ask for your doctor to carefully go over all the possible side effects, plus the risks associated with taking a heart medication if you do not have a heart condition. Good luck!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 11:21 PM on Dec. 18, 2008