Ok So any mommies make homemade baby food?

Id love to try but it seems like alot of work and my daughter is 4months so we r still trying to introduce spoon feeding baby oatmeal.

So is it worth it?

JaylynnsMommy21

Asked by JaylynnsMommy21 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• don't waste money on special baby food making products. seriously my blender was perfect and when they were ready for lumpier foods I used the food processor or a fork to mash it.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:32 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• it doesn't have to be difficult. I did both, homemade and jar. Our kids would often eat what I was cooking for everyone else anyway, I'd just puree it in the blender of the baby food mill I bought at the drugstore for $10. If there were leftovers I'd puree it too and freeze it.
    baby cereals were always store bought, it's easy enough.
    I would try everything I would give to my kids. I thought if I won't eat it them I'm not going to have my kids eat it. So when my first was ready to try meat I had a jar of chicken and one of beef. puke! It was nasty, threw the whole jar out and made my own. I absolutely won't give my kids baby food jared meat again, even the dishes that have meat and veggies. It's so gross, like cat food!
    It really takes nothing to boil the meat, I boil it because it makes it's softer. And one chicken breast or small steak will go a looong way in baby servings.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• sorry in the blender OR the baby food mill.
    AmandaH321

• Well I found a thing like the baby bullet that steams, heats, purres and alot of stuff I thought about buying one but the hubby swears I could just use the blender...
    JaylynnsMommy21

Comment by JaylynnsMommy21 (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• most of the time I puree what we eat.. for instance if we are having apples with lunch I serve dd pureed apple.. if we are having carrots with dinner, I puree them.. I keep it simple.. we are still trying a lot of foods, but she likes FRESH food over the jarred baby food any day.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• to me fresh sounds healthier....
    JaylynnsMommy21

Comment by JaylynnsMommy21 (original poster) at 12:00 AM on Jul. 13, 2011