Does anyone have any recommendations for online game sites for my daughter that aren't full of advertising boxes?

homeschool4two

Asked by homeschool4two at 12:29 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Technology

• Pogo.com is my ultimate fav but I think there is advertising if you don't have a membership but $40 a year is pretty good I think. They have the classic stuff like chess, checkers and monopoly but they also have some of their own games. Some word games are about as close as it gets to educational games though. It's really fun. But like I said, I have a paid membership Idk bout the free one. Oh and she can make a little mini of herself.
    teardrop_7060

Answer by teardrop_7060 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• oh and PS Some kids sites are good for that! Try Nickelodeon.com or disney.go.com or something like that. They don't have a lot but they are ad free I believe and for the younger crowd. Not really positive though
    teardrop_7060

Answer by teardrop_7060 at 12:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• My daughter likes to play Always Icecream. It's an online game world with virtual pets and virtual homes that she can decorate. She really likes playing it. And there is a strong educational focus because she plays math science, music and geography quiz games in order to earn the "scoops" that she needs to "pay" for the items she "buys" in the virtual world area. I would recommend it - my dauhgter really likes it and I like it because there is no advertising and she is learning at the same time! It's at http://www.alwaysicecream.com/

parkknollmom

Answer by parkknollmom at 12:46 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• cool math and disney.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:53 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• www.nickjr.com

www.mickeymouseclubhouse.com

www.disney.com

and my favorie ( we pyurchased and account) 

www.pixiehollow.com

JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• sorry about all my typos...
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:00 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• www.starfall.com
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 12:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• webkinz has no ads in the actual game pages but you do need to buy a membership via a stuffed toy purchase. www.webkinz.com

You can get a free membership at www.clubpengiun.com which also has no ads on the site. There restricted features for free memberships. They also have fee based memberships.

I believe www.starfall.com has no ads. Same with www.pbskids.org.

ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• good ideas, i will have to check some of them out for my son
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• kidzui is a web browser for kids that has a ton of games for kids to play
    Anonymous