What do you think about this?

Saturday when a federal judge in Indiana halted the enforcement of a law preventing Medicaid funding from going to the group. But on Sunday, those activists were able to take comfort in Wisconsin’s newly signed budget.

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, a Republican, signed a state budget Sunday that cut spending on education and health clinics, including Planned Parenthood centers, reported National Journal.
(Federal judge on eliminating Planned Parenthood funding: Not so fast)
Unsurprisingly, Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin denounced the budget. The group, which runs 27 centers statewide, says that services like cancer screenings, STD testing and treatment, and birth control will be cut back. Conservatives have targeted the group because it also provides abortion services.
Julaine Appling of the organization Wisconsin Family Action said, “If organizations want to do that, we’re not saying they don’t have the right to do that under the law. While we disagree with abortions entirely, they do have that right … [But] we don’t have to use taxpayer money to do that.”
Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin says the budget cuts money from the BadgerCare Family Planning Program, which aids both men and women in getting preventive health care. The Wall Street Journal reports that BadgerCare saves the state $140 million per year, according to the Department of Health.
“It is outrageous that Governor Walker would take away health care from thousands of women and families in Wisconsin,” said Cecile Richards, the president of the national Planned Parenthood organization.
Wisconsin is the fourth state to target the group. But with the ruling out of Indiana Saturday, it’s the third to actually enforce the cuts.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/27/new-wisconsin-budget-cuts-funding-from-planned-parenthood/#ixzz1RxKqmwWS

vannahbaby213

Asked by vannahbaby213 at 12:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• It seems to me that the Wis gov. rather have women do a back alley abortions, or dump ther baby in a garbage bin, or a teen mom who might have to drop out of school to care for the baby or another Casey Anthony incident. Damn politics, the politicans need their head examined
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:18 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I think planned parenthood is full of crap. In the last few years they have thousands upon thousands of dollars fighting to keep children and teen abortions secret from parents in Alaska. WTH? They don't even have a PP office or clinic here. Anyhow..........
    If all they did was provide health services to the people who needed it, I would be behind them 100%. But since they are so well funded that they're making and changing laws, my opinion is that they can pay for it themselves.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 6:42 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• No private organization should be guaranteed government funding. Especially when the services they offer are redundant, meaning there are other agencies that do the exact same thing. People cry about PP because they're too lazy to open the phone book or use Google to look up the phone numbers of the other resources at their disposal.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:19 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• If someone wants an abortion--unless they are in serious danger of dying--they can do it on their own dime. If someone's been raped or they're the victim of incest? I admit to being conflicted. The element of choice isn't present (because they didn't choose to have sex), but it seems that the one party who did nothing wrong--the baby--is being punished for the crime of another (*not* the mother!)
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 7:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I don't want my tax dollars paying for abortions. That means that no matter how I feel about the practice, my gov't funds it with my dime. Why should a person be responsible for his/her actions if they have nothing investing in the consequences of it. Be it an abortion or PA, where is the personal responsibility for so many of our citizens? (I don't mean all so don't get your knickers in a wad.)
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:32 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Maybe PP should cut back on their polical funding and high pay for their executives.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:24 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I say shame on PP. They would rather use the money they do get for abortions rather than these other needed services. Place the blame where it belongs.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 13, 2011