amberdawnbarr

Asked by amberdawnbarr at 12:43 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I have a baby. But for a nice evening out, I'd certainly consider going to a child-free venue....
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:44 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• They have that right to choose to do that. Does it bother me? No.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 12:55 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• most those places are higher priced places and actually I am ok with it... my kids have never acted up in restraunts but many do and its nice to go where your meal won't be ruined by screaming kids.
    serenityspeaks

Answer by serenityspeaks at 1:18 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• When I go out and finally have a break from my kids, the last thing I enjoy is someone's naughty kids pulling out all the cards. Would be nice to go somewhere that promises peace
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 1:30 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• So Sabrina is it age discrimination to not serve alcohol or cigarettes to someone under age!? Your age discrimination accusation is ridiculous. Just because your kids are the center of YOUR life, does not mean everyone else loves or even likes your little darlings. This is what a babysitter is for, however it's parents like you that mistakenly believe that children should be allowed anywhere adults are. When I pay a lot of money for an evening out (without my kids), I do not want to see, hear, or be near other people's rug rats. As many posted in the other thread relating to this even WALT DISNEY WORLD has a restaurant that does not allow kids. Hmm they seem to still be doing very well.
    mjande4

Answer by mjande4 at 10:03 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I think the restraunt has the right to provide whatever environment, (in this case a peaceful dinning experience), they choose for their customers. If parents want to choose to allow their children tto run around, scream, and be disruptive during a meal out... Take them to Chucky Cheese.
    Ash09855

Answer by Ash09855 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I agree with the restaurant. There are plenty of times I have gone out for a night with my SO and we are paying well over $50 a plate. I am sorry but at that price I am not willing to put up with screeching in the back ground because the place does not serve cheese burgers, or have toys with the meals.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 12:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• As stupid as it is, it is a privately owned place and they can do what ever they please.
    If anything they need to ban the stupid parents that dont control their kids. My kids do good and they are 3 and 2. If they act up I get up and leave outside till they calm down. Some parents are rude and dont care what their children do.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:45 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I think its a great idea. And I think if you don't like it, you can protest by not going to establishments like this. Take your business somewhere else.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 3:15 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• While there can be age discrimination against minors, I think accusing this restaurant is taking it too far. There are plenty of restaurants available that serve children. No one cries foul that the Girl Scouts don't let boys join. No one cries foul that a bar won't allow minors in, even when non-alcoholic items are sold.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this business has tons of patrons.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:57 AM on Jul. 13, 2011