Don't mean to offend, but does anyone or has anyone here ever just felt flat desserted by God?

And if so, how do you deal with that? What goes through your mind and heart on a daily basis that makes you feel He has desserted you? (I am currently contending with this feeling and wanted to see if I was alone or if others struggle with it too.)

KaleidoCurlz

Asked by KaleidoCurlz at 12:46 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sometimes, but then I remind myself that he is watching all and waiting for us at the end of all this.
    Georgie_Peaches

Answer by Georgie_Peaches at 12:49 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• No I feel the opposite actually when things looked real bad for us God was there with a way out! Every time!

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 12:51 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Wow. I wish I had you two's faith. How strong you both are in Him. ☺
    KaleidoCurlz

Comment by KaleidoCurlz (original poster) at 12:54 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I dont want to get anyone mad, but I have been mad at myself for a long time for thinking this.. But yes i do a lot of the time :/
    cassncalise05

Answer by cassncalise05 at 12:59 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I believe in God and I never entertain the idea for longer than a few short seconds but yes I do sometimes doubt He is there. The thought leaves quickly because I know in my heart he is real. But when you NEVER seem to get a break and everything you do is for the betterment of others and yet everything that happens to you is bad, how can you not have an occasional breakdown. My only comfort is that He KNOWS me better than I know myself. So when I feel the doubt, I know that He knows that it's just frustration and I believe He understands why I lapse.

Also it is important to know that God would rather you talk to Him even if you have nothing nice to say than to shut Him out. So if you want to complain, do it, just don't turn away.
    teardrop_7060

Answer by teardrop_7060 at 1:00 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I have felt that way a couple of times, when things got so difficult financially, and my Husband would get one job to be told 2 weeks later that they didn't have enough money to hire him and this whole song and dance kept going for almost 2 years. What got me through was prayer and something told me that it's all in due time. So I did my best to have patience and to know that things will come together in time, and it did. DH finally landed a Job in the DOE as a Sub-Para caring for kids with disabilities. Right now we are struggling because School is over for the Summer and he wont be working till September but I know we will make it. I tell you the truth we have gotten so bad at times all we had was a can with some chunk change but somehow we always make it. Try to keep faith, when you have a good solid relationship with God things will get thrown in your way to shake it I believe that more than ever is when you need to hold
    raynesmommy1

Answer by raynesmommy1 at 1:02 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• On and know that he is not going to forsake you, things in life are really lessons that at times need to be learned. Try listening to this song called Blessings by Laura Story it's very beautiful and inspirational. Good luck Hun and if you need to talk I'm here.
    raynesmommy1

Answer by raynesmommy1 at 1:03 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I don't think you are being offensive at all. This is something that I believe all of us Christians deal with. To give you my opinion, we have the tendency to be a little impatient with God. We want things to happen when we want them and not wait on God as we should. Yes, it's hard to deal with at times because we begin to feel that He's not listening, when He really is. He might be speaking to you or dropping hints to you and we are too blind to see. He would never desert you, He loves you. But, you also have to ask yourself, what have you done lately for Him? He will continue to bless you in more ways than one, but if we don't recognize his blessings and thank Him for it and do our Christian duty, the blessings will still come but will come far and few between.
    sable23220

Answer by sable23220 at 1:05 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• There are people who have been through such tragedies and still their faith is solid. Those are people I admire. So I think maybe it isn't what God does or doesn't do for us, but how we handle life's ups and downs the way God would want us to. Job, from the book in the Bible named after him, went through a lot of hardship, and didn't have the answers, but still he ended up believing in God's righteousness. God sees the bigger picture even when we don't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Sable - depends on what you consider blessings. Some think money, the easy life, getting what ever you want are blessings. There are plenty of wrongdoers who have these things, and there are righteous people who suffer constantly. So I think when we refocus on what is important - love, kindness, appreciating what we do have, instead of on superficial or material things, we find that we are blessed more than we realized. I believe we all have these blessings, it is just recognizing them and nurturing them that God wants for us. Many people don't see God in what is right in front of them everyday because they are too focused on their own suffering or on what they want but can't have. I'm not inclined to think that God punishes by dishing out suffering on Earth. I tend to think he wants to remain the focus of our hearts despite whatever suffering comes our way. In the end, we want to be reunited with him, and he us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Jul. 13, 2011