My own recipe I want to share!

So today I wanted stir fry but without all The artificial stuff. So decided to make my own, and it came out great!!!! It's the best stir fry I've ever had and I'm sure it's healthier for you then all the crap they put in those bottles. I wanted to share it for anyone that's looking for something new or a new way to make stir fry.

Sauce:
5 dried ancho/Pasilla chillis
8 dried arbol chillis (remove seeds)
2 cloves of garlic
Half an onion sliced
3 tbsp of brown sugar
A few splashes of fish sauce
3 tbsp rice vinegar (or any vinegar on hand)
1 tbsp kosher salt
2 tbsp Chinese five spice

Vegetables:
4 small bulbs of bok Choy
1 red bell pepper
1 can baby corn
1 carrot
5 stalks of green onion
3 tbsp soy sauce

1 package beef fajitas cut in strips
1 13.25 oz linguine

Boil pasilla/ancho And arbol peppers. Remove from water, remove stem and throw in a food processor with a little bit of the water it boiled in. throw in ALL ingredients for sauce inside the processor and blend. Put meat and sauce in a bowl and let sit in fridge for a couple hours. Mix it well.

Cook pasta al dente and set aside.

Using a large deep thick bottom pan sauté bell peppers & carrots first since they are tougher. After about 2 min add the rest of the vegetables to the pan until it is cooked but not wilted. Then add the soy sauce right before removing vegetables from pan. Throw them in a large bowl.

Using same pan, quickly brown the beef in batches so it's not crowding the pan. Do not cook all the way threw. Throw in same bowl as vegetables.

Toss noodles & all cooked contents from bowl inside of pan.

Serve. Enjoy! :)

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 1:01 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Wow thanks!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 1:03 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Side note: arbol chilli are spicy so deseeding them is important because otherwise it will be very spicy. Unless you like spicy ;)

Balsamic vinegar doesn't seem like it would be a good subtitute for rice vinegar because its extremely pungent. So I would suggest using apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar or something along those lines if you don't have rice vinegar.

This whole recipe makes for about 6 people depending on the appetite.

You can always add your preferred vegetables instead of the ones I chose. I didn't use frozen only because I didn't want it to become watery.

Notice there aren't any processed foods in this recipe so you know exactly whats going Into it. Always a plus!!
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 1:12 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• you lost me at fish oil, sorry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• When you say fish oil, do you mean fish sauce?

Sounds yummy!
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 10:39 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Yes I'm sorry I meant fish sauce!! Thanks for correcting me! :)

I have Thai Kitchen Premium Fish sauce. It adds a bit kore oriental feel to it with this complex sauce. It might turn people off to hear fish sauce but I don't think they realize how often it's used in Asian dishes. Believe me if you have had Chinese food you have eaten fish sauce lol.
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Quote: Notice there aren't any processed foods in this recipe

??? There are 6 processed thing in your recipe???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Anon get a life
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Just pointing out a truth.
    Anonymous