My 19 months old child

is hardly sleepy even till 11 p.m. He takes one nap of 2 hours during noon...even then he does not want to sleep till 12 am.....this's really affecting our personal life as both my hubby & I 'm working & hardly get any personal time.....it's not that we don't like to spend time with our kid....but still he at least deserves some of my time tooo...........can any one has any suggestion

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would bet real money that your toddler IS sleepy, but you are missing the signs. Children his age need 13-14 hours of sleep every day! But the funny things with toddlers is that when they ACT sleepy, they are actually exhausted. When they first start to get sleepy, they will ACT wired. They spin around, talk louder, jump, flail their arms, it's as though they are trying their hardest to stay awake because they don't want to miss something!
    You need to establish a rock-solid daily routine with your toddler - set times for eating, napping, and bedtime, allowing him 11-12 hours of sleep at night. Then establish a bedtime routine, that takes about 30 minutes - like pick up toys, take a bath, put on PJ and brush teeth, hear a story, say prayers and kiss good-night. Do the same routine at the same time every night, and your child will find it easier to unwind and fall asleep.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 1:11 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• try to shorten his nap... He might be cranky but atleast he will sleep earlier. then he should get adjusted to it. just a thought
    cassncalise05

Answer by cassncalise05 at 1:12 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• My son was the same way. He was diagnosed with "sleep onset disorder". Basicly he had a lot of trouble falling asleep. The Dr. suggested we use Meletonin... 1-3 ml. It is sold at most pharmacies and natural food stores. It is a natural substance. Our brains release melatonin to signal our bodies to go to sleep. It worked wonderfully! and has 0 side effects.
    Eko

Answer by Eko at 1:13 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Follow a strict pattern and the baby will adjust hun, sry I know it's hard.
    angelamiles05

Answer by angelamiles05 at 1:21 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• You gotta get strict now. Set up nap times/rest times. It may take a few days to get it down but you gotta do it for the kids, the hubby AND YOU! Good luck!!
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 9:44 AM on Jul. 13, 2011