Colic help?

My daughter is alittle over 3 weeks and has developed colic. Poor thing. Does anyone know of any natural ways to make her feel better?

Jennyv143

Asked by Jennyv143 at 1:20 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There are several - the first I would suggest is to see a chiropractor, one that specializes in children. Often they can eliminate the colic, making all the other methods unnecessary. Here are the other suggestions, some I've used, some I've just heard about:
    1) Music/sound to calm baby. Play lullabies, classical CDs. Put baby on top of a running washing machine or dryer (in a car seat). The vibration and sound of the motor can calm a fussy child.
    2) Change diet. If breastfed, eliminate spicy foods from mother's diet. If bottle-fed, try a different formula or switch to a soy formula.
    3) offer baby Gripe Water
    4) warm aromatherapy bath or massage
    5) swaddling. Get one of those mommy slings, and keep your baby close as much as you can - all day preferably. Read about "baby wearing" or "attachment parenting".
    6) Motion. Rocking, swaying, baby swing, etc. Be careful - does too much motion increase risk of hyperactivity?
    Goodluck
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 1:30 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I would say swaddling, And try a different easier formula that helps with colic (if you are not bf) and also, feed your baby with the dr browns bottles..Those help with reducing colic and gas. Also, soothing rubs on the back or tummy could help too.
    Proudnewmommy11

Answer by Proudnewmommy11 at 1:36 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I can tell that you that you can try 100 things and even though they worked one or two times before, they're never a for sure fix! Just keep trying and remember that even if you're frustrated that they're the one's that are actually in pain. They need you!
    ours

Answer by ours at 2:11 AM on Jul. 13, 2011