Why this tooth does not grow?

My daughters upper baby teeth felt out about eight month ago, yet one tooth barely showed up and another did not. All her friends already have fully grown adult teeth. my hubby says that she probably does not have enough calcium. Could it be true?

ganna04

Asked by ganna04 at 2:15 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Health

• not too sure about it.. i will give you a BUMP but I know a little girl that didnt fully grow hers until she was like 8 years old! :)
    jenni_j

Answer by jenni_j at 2:40 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Could be, but it would be best to take her to the dentist for xrays to make sure everything is ok. My daughter has had so many issues with her teeth, an antibiotic given to her at 16 months made the enamel fall off of her teeth, when she was 8 she wrecked her bike and knocked out 3 teeth and broke her arm, when she was 10 the dentist referred her to an orthodontist and she now has braces. In the meanwhile, she has had to have an impacted tooth removed and 5 others pulled to make room in her mouth. I carry xrays of her mouth everywhere we go, just to be on the safe side.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:52 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• it can also be an impacted tooth which means there stuck in the gums and you may need to have an orthodontist take a look lack of calcium i highly doubt
    MAFIAMAMI

Answer by MAFIAMAMI at 9:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2011