Where have you been outside of the U.S?

Have you lived there? What did you think of it even if it was just a visit?

jenni_j

Asked by jenni_j at 2:15 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Travel

• Live in Germany for 3 years. Loved it and traveled to many European countries while there .Lived in Seoul, South Korea 2 years. Has some interesting palaces would not recommend a vacation there. China for visit. Got to walk on Great Wall was the best part. Thailand for visit.  Beaches and snorkeling were great. People very nice in Thailand. Canada to visit in-laws. Prince Edward Island was beautiful place and the water wasn't as cold as expected in July. Greece to visit before all the problems they have been having. Always wanted to see Parthenon, but ended up loving the Greek Isles and would love to go back once things settle back down.

armywife199556

Answer by armywife199556 at 10:57 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• When I was a kid, we went to Europe to visit my aunt and uncle, who were stationed in what was then West Germany. We went to Austria, Holland, and France. I hope to go back! Since then, I've been to Mexico, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and my favorite, Saint Martin. I have a long list of places to visit. Not enough pages in a passport!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:40 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I've lived in Newfoundland and I currently live in Japan. I've also lived in the Aleutian Islands, which is technically part of the US, but might as well be it's own world (we were on a remote island in the middle of the Bering Sea).

I've liked all of them.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:45 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I lived in Italy for 3 years and loved it! I loved the food, the culture, the sights, smells, sounds, etc. Plus I met my husband there!! I visited Munich Germany and it was so clean compared to Italy and I visited Paris. That was one of those good to visit but not to live kind of places.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:46 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Not too far....Rosarito Beach in Mexico, and the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. Loved both for a visit.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:22 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• oh thanks. i think i may enjoy canada later this year since i am a washington resident! ;)
    jenni_j

Comment by jenni_j (original poster) at 2:23 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• UK, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Japan
    Lived in England for 15yrs, loved it. The rest were vacation visits and loved them too.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 3:55 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I've been to Canada and I've been to a few border towns in Mexico. I've also been to Mexico City, Acapulco, and Cancun. I loved Canada and the resorts in Mexico were very nice.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:10 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I've been to France, Absoutely amazing but very different from here in my opion loved every minute.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Bermuda - love the pink beaches!

Answer by missanc at 2:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2011