Anyone else hate sleeping?

I used to love sleeping until I had my daughter. I dont know if its like a baby blues kinda thing but she is 6mo old now and my dr says its shouldnt be. I kinda feel like something is going to happen to the house like a fire, storm, or a brake in or like Im not going to wake up. I guess its like a protector kind of thing but you think I would of got this way with my first one but this is baby #4. I know it sounds stupid but it is what it is.

AmberNicoley

Asked by AmberNicoley at 3:20 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Health

• I used to think of the worst case scenario all the time, I still do to an extent. Something that would concern my daughter in this worst case scenario would normally go like this: I would be at a grocery store, and I would turn my back and she would disappear, or at a playground and she would fall and break her neck, or she would get by a car etc. I always seemed to most of these thoughts as I was trying to sleep. Well I talked to myt therapist aboiut this and she said as soon as I started thinking these horrible thoughts and repeat ":I am a good mom, I wouldn't let anything happened to her" or a variation of that. Or the worst one would be my dh and my dd would be coming home and get into a deadly accident. Then I actually start crying! I finally asked for a anti depressant and it worked like a charm, and I do not have thiose thoughts as often as I did before.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:43 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• It sounds more like a tad bit of anxiety. I was real bad when I 1st had my dd. I do not think I managed a straight 6 hrs sleep because I would think she might stop breathing in her sleep, or she would get a blanklet pushed up against her mouth. But as your DR saying it shouldn't be PPD, it is very possible to have PPD. In some women, it might not make it presence knowen for up to a yr in some cases. Do not let anyone tell u its part of being a new mommy. If it persits any longer, maybe u can see a counselor and talk it out and see what happens.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:33 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I so do that all the time to the point I can actually see it in my mind. It's horrible!
    AmberNicoley

Comment by AmberNicoley (original poster) at 3:48 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• My kids ALL have sleep apnea so when my first baby stopped breathing in her sleep at 3 days old, I gave up sleep for a week but it was HORRIBLE on my mind and body! So my solution was to sleep when hubby was awake until I got use to it. So I am terrified to sleep at night too :( Also we already lost one baby and I freak out thinking about losing another one. I think it's just an overabundance of mom anxiety. But we HAVE TO sleep to reset our bodies so we can be alert during the day. Sorry I can't help more but it gets a lil easier as time goes on.
    teardrop_7060

Answer by teardrop_7060 at 4:01 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Nope - I have 4 kids, youngest is 4, and I LOVE every minute of sleep I can get! It's your first baby, it's a little anxiety, it's pretty normal!
    Anonymous

• @Tear drop Im sorry :( and @Anonymous Actually its my 4th.
    AmberNicoley

Comment by AmberNicoley (original poster) at 2:57 AM on Jul. 15, 2011