Do you buy American?can you...

name 3 thing thst you recently purchased that was made in theUSA.

emilysmom1966

Asked by emilysmom1966 at 5:02 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I try very hard to buy American, but right now, we're stationed overseas with a very small exchange, so that makes it a bit hard to do.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:35 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I day dream about being a billionaire & opening a Target type store that ONLY sells American products. I wonder if people would shop there....

I honestly don't know & that is sad. I haven't bought anything besides food for a while. I have to buy school clothes for DD ( she starts school Aug 2nd!) it's hard to buy American kids clothes for a good price, and our funds are dropping these days...it's so sad how hard it is to buy American which is why i dream about opening my "American products only" store.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:07 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Oh, and on a side note with this... Ironically, my inlaws were here visiting us in Japan a few weeks ago, and my mil was looking for some "made in Japan" items to take back home as gifts. Almost everything she found here that she liked and was reasonably priced said "Made in China" or "Made in Thailand".

It seems like every other product in the US is "made in Japan", where every other product in Japan says made somewhere else (outside of Japan)....

I just found it ironic.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:37 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• My husband and son just did a week on the Appalachian Trail. They needed to replace some worn camping equipment. I bought several items for that outing that were made in the USA.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:28 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• i try to buy MIA, but it is difficult. I don't mind spending a little bit more either. But now there are labels that say things like 'assembled in america", and then you open it to find out the parts were made in china, and shipped over here just for assembly. that's not much better.

The last thing i bought 'made' in america is furit or veg. i try to buy only local, or at least grown in the u.s.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 9:36 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• For the mom's and dad's of the family there are links to websites that carry casual work clothes, everyday casual clothing, shoes made in America, jeans made in America, swimwear, and coats. Some manufacturers you may recognize are:

The All American Clothing Company Forever Made in the USA All American Baby American Joe Bamboosa USAB2C All USA Clothing Zappos Original Retro Brand

emilysmom1966

Comment by emilysmom1966 (original poster) at 9:53 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Alabama Chanin

Before and Again Clothing

Celia Rachel Fashion

Forged Clothing an American Brand

Hanky Panky

Impact Fitness Wear

Justice Girls

Soybu Clothing

emilysmom1966

Comment by emilysmom1966 (original poster) at 9:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Fruits and veggies (strwberries, mushrooms, lettuce, artichokes) grown in my own community. Some really divine Pomegranate Honey harvested down the block-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:57 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I have a Chevrolet! I also buy from L.L. Bean, (I live in Maine and they are local w/ great products that LAST!) Also, try to by local as much as I can (ex... I use my local Farmer's Markets, etc...)
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Actually I have not bought anything other than food for a while. Can't afford it. Have to say I don't remember.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 13, 2011