Trouble with Poopy

My Niece is 3 yrs old and she goes pee in the potty just fine for like the last yr.. but EVERYTIME we give her a bath she Poops in the tub then plays in it until we go check on her.. and she won't poop in her pull up... but she poops in her panties.. we thought it would be the oppisite and we have her go potty like once an hr and make her sit there for 20-30 mins every other time to make sure she doesn't have to poop... Any Ideas I can pass on to my Sister??

apeclark2008

Asked by apeclark2008 at 5:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter turned 3 in August and we had our second daughter in September. We had a little regression when it came to bed time and pooping in her pull up or panties. The last time she pooped in her panties instead of getting upset I calmly told her that she was a big girl and I was disappointed. Then I made her clean herself. She had not done it since.
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 5:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I just remembered what else worked with my daughter. She did the same thing when we first started potty training. We told her that after she started using the potty all the time that she could pick out "big girl sheets" for her bed. She told us that she wanted pony sheets. Every time she pooped in her pants we reminder her about the pony sheets. After about a month she used the potty all the time.
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 9:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2008