Why can't DH and I make this position work! (sex)

We have tried doggy style sex but I kid you not we could not get it in! We are both overweight but I was told that should not matter. We did have lots of lube and we were communicating but we ended up just in hysterical laughter. We want to try it but CAN NOT get it to work! What is the matter with us!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• You have to arch your back quite a bit, and it may help if your head is lower than your hips.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• It seems to me that the erection is not all there or else you would have any problems, but maybe being overweight does have something to do with this. Good to know it turns into hysterical laughter this is always good!

Answer by older at 8:15 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Even after being together 4 years, I still have to direct my husband when we do that position. I'm the only one overweight so it's a bit easier. If you can, you may want to reach behind there and open yourself up too. That could be the problem. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• like anon said, you do have to arch your back quite a bit. i always put my head in the pillows when he puts it in, for some reason it does help to have your head down, maybe it's so you're arching your butt more. good luck! this is really a very pleasurable position for both of you :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:45 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• The angle has to be just right. If I am sitting up too much or standing, it will not work for us.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Head down works for me...
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:18 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• the ideas are great but a few other things could be culprit...he needs to have a complete erection, the harder he is the better things should go. the lube helps and try what the others have suggested (head down, back arched, butt up)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A4zlPkvBBY or try http://www.askmen.com/dating/love_tip_200/238_love_tip.html or one of my favorite places to learn lol http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/great-sex-ideas/77-positions-day-sixty-four
    may help lol sounds silly but educate yourselves...

I have a raised uterus and tilted cervix...can be painful and make things frustrating but when done right...totally worth it.
    LadyOsgood

Answer by LadyOsgood at 9:42 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Because your ass and his gut are too big. I don't mean to sound insensitive, we have the same problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• i am a bigger woman and my dh is not the smallest fella in the world either..and we dont have any issues at all thats our fav position! i dont think weight has anything to do with it unless you are like 6 or 700lbs..the lube could also be and issue too maybe your are using to much and hes going soft way to quickly? I used lube a long time ago and my dh said it was causing him issues maybe just lay off of the lube and see what happens..
    Anonymous

• Put your head down like others have said; it straightens out your vagina. The last time we did it my DH said it felt like "knives stabbing" him, so obviously we don't do it that often LOL
    Anonymous