S/O of "Do you buy American?" question . . .

How many products are made in the USA anymore? It's good to say, "Buy American", and if we can, it's a good idea. But can people give me an idea of what is made in America?

tinamatt

Asked by tinamatt at 8:10 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.americansworking.com/

Here is a great site that tells you what you can buy American & where.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:13 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I have no idea except maybe cars........

Answer by older at 8:13 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Happywithlife is right . . .it's hard to "buy American only" if you can't be sure that every piece of the product isn't American made. Cars are a good example of that.
    tinamatt

Comment by tinamatt (original poster) at 8:14 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Recently we bought a Corelle dinner set. It says "Made in USA". We also bought a vacuums which says that it was assembled in The United States.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 8:57 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Like a PP said, very few completed products are made in America with 100% American goods (parts) and labor services.

I am in the process of a full kitchen remodel- I am doing my best to secure American made products- There is only 1 US company that deals with the type of counter top material that I have selected and they are by far the most expensive, but we are using them. The supplier in my community is so excited that I have chosen an American company to work with- she mentioned to me repeatedly how good it is to keep business in the US- 

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:41 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Every piece that goes into the items my company manufactures IS made in America...finding the pieces was a challenge!

Would you buy children's clothes made in the US by US workers with components made in the US? Think of clothing similar to Old Navy. Would you be willing to pay a little more than Old Navy prices? If not....then you know one of the reasons more stuff isn't American made.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:19 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2011