Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

My son's dad says for child support.... he is going to file for a hardship. and lie and say he is homeless, which he is not. and when he goes to court he says he will dress and appear as if he really is homeless. what kind of man does all this not to support his child.... can he do that.... i probably wouldnt get much child support anyway from him

i am only cooperating with child support because i receive medicaid for myself. i need the health insurance.... hopefully i can get full time at my job soon so i can get the health benefits and i am dropping the case. i work as an academic advisor at a junior college and just graduated with my bachelors.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (14)
  • If he lies, he will be caught with the lie, they can find out if he is homeless or not.

    Answer by older at 8:16 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

  • Hire a private investigator to follow him around and take pictures of him leaving his home wearing regular clothes. No judge will fall for his lies anyway, but this will be a bombshell for him. Whether you need the money or not, he should be paying child support, even if it is just to teach him a lesson about taking care of his kids. The money can go into an account for higher education if you want, or a car when hey graduate.

    Answer by alphamom26 at 8:17 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

  • He's blowing smoke. No way he could pull off that lie and not get caught. Don't let this worry you.

    Answer by keisha613 at 8:19 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

  • LOL! the guys in for a surprise. The courts will want financial information from him. If he doesn't supply it to them, they'll run his social security #. They will know he isn't homeless, trust me. The make the father fill out a form that requests all kinds of information as well. It would be to his benefit to comply with the courts, because they're going to award you child support whether he does what he's asked to do or not. I dont know what state you're in, but most states now take the support directly out of the father's paycheck, & there isnt anything he can do about that. WHY would you even consider dropping the case?? Your son SHOULD be supported by his father, even if his father isnt part of his life!! The guy helped bring that boy into this world & he should damn well contribute to his support. You owe it to your son to get support for him. It isnt about you or the dad, it's about what's fair & right for your son.

    Answer by RubyinPA at 8:22 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

  • If he is living in a house or apt- there is proof! Either a deed or rental history on his social not to mention tax information from paychecks. They could figure that out pretty darn quick. he is taking them for idiots and I doubt they will appreciate it.

    Answer by But_Mommie at 8:29 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

  • i understand how you would give up any money for the pay off of not having to deal with the "father"

    i think
    no father is better than a real crappy one
    and if he has to pay money he could be around just to make thngs difficult and not around to see his child
    if he does not have to pay anything, he may go away and let you and your child go on with your lives

    money is needed for things in life
    freedom from a man who is a terrible influence on your child
    this freedom is priceless

    if you think letting go of any money he would owe would get rid of a terrible person in your child life - let the money go

    i understand, i would forgo any money if it might that he would not use money as reason to make my childs life harder than it is

    if he could pay support AND be a good dad - great!, but does not always work that way

    Answer by fiatpax at 8:46 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

  • The courts ask for his annual income through tax returns and if he claims homelessness most courts base child support on what he is capable of earning. The judge might give him a break like he did mine $250 mth for 3 months and have him come back.

    Answer by gemgem at 8:55 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

  • I wouldn't let him off the hook,, if he has no desire to see your child, whatever, but he made your kiddo with you and he owes it to him to support him,, if you don't need it, you could put it away for college. but he sounds very mean, and he may be just telling you that to get you to back off, there is NO WAY the judge will buy his story, make sure your lawyer asks for his tax records. Does he see his son?

    Answer by kimigogo at 9:04 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

  • I wouldn't worry too much. The only way to get away with that, its to actually be out of work and homeless.

    Answer by eluc at 9:08 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

  • you have nothing to worry a judge will see right threw it...and you will be susprised how much susport you get for one kid esp if they are behind or start our that worries and good luck..also they will withdrawl child susport money from anything ..disability, pension, retirement etc everything ..good luck

    Answer by rachel216 at 9:12 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.