My 9 year old wiped out on his scooter yesterday

and scraped his elbow and knee really bad what is a good medicine to put on the areas to help them heal quicker?

We did the peroxide thing to clean the areas and everything I just need to know what type of medicine to put on the spots and if we should cover them or leave them open to the air.

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:22 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Health

• Yeah, my oldest is like that my youngest boy will cry he doesnt care lol. But his last wreck he had reason to he wreckedhis bike & smashed into a retaining wall and basically bit it. I woulda been screaming had i been him.

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:44 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Neosporin & leave them open so they can scab and heal quicker. Hope he is feeling better soon. I hate scrapes :(

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:40 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I was proud of him he didn't show any emotion while he was outside and the neighbors saw what happened; I got him in the shower and that was when he started crying that it hurt

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 8:42 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• There is a spray called bactine that works wonders for scrapes and things. I keep it in our first aid kit because it has so many uses.

Answer by scout_mom at 9:50 AM on Jul. 13, 2011