Anyone else looking forward to the school year starting again?

I love having my children at home during Summer vacation but both my boys are getting really excited about going back to school they are starting a new school this year so I am a little apprehensive about it but I guess as long as they are excited and everything it should be OK.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:25 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in

• I'm really excited. My oldest starts Middle School and my 2nd child starts Elementary School. It's going to be so fun and so different in our household. I actually miss picking up my kids from the bus stop.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:28 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• We are having so much fun this summer that I am somewhat dreading it. However, since I go back to work when school starts and that means more money to do things with, I am looking forward to the weekends when school starts back.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:48 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Nope. I love having them home. We sleep in. We swim all day. We go to the movies on Tues and Wed its free movies for kids. We are going to the lake this week. I did start back to college so that would be the only reason having them back in school would be better. I would have all those hours to work on my own homework.

Answer by gemgem at 9:03 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Half and Half. My oldest starts Kindergarten this year and I can't wait. The issue is the 20min (40min round trip) drive I have to make every morning to get him there w/all 3 kids... Because his bus ride is projected to be between 35 and 42 mins if he takes it... And I still have to drive him to the bus stop. So I figure I might as well just take him... That, I'm not happy about.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:15 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• We homeschool year round (well, we take the month of June off for summer break) so it's not a big difference for us - but I am looking forward to having the neighbor kids go back to school and having our nice peaceful neighborhood back (neighbor boy across the ally keeps shooting off firecrackers in his tool shed, the teens next door keep locking each other out of the house - and then screaming and beating on the door and some wonderful child has a new drum set that the whole neighborhood can hear).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:48 AM on Jul. 13, 2011