Have you started shopping?

for back to school items yet? What have you purchased so far?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:30 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Shopping

• I start next week. I have 3 pairs of shoes on lay away at the shoe store. My dd needs about 4 outfits. My 11 yr old needs 5. And my 17 yr old idk what he will need other than shoes he buys his own stuff.
    My mil does the school supplies. She buys enough to fill two rubber maid tins so we dont have to buy all year. We have some left over from last year lol.
    I always do back to school clothes shopping. It is how I was raised. My dd has plenty of decent outfits my husband was complaining the other day she has things she has worn once, but she is a girl and I am always buying her things.

Answer by gemgem at 8:59 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Nope, all my kids need are backpacks & they have those. Our school system supplies everything else. :)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:35 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Yes, we have. As soon as the back to school stuff comes out I start buying what I know we will need. We purchased a binder to use as a portfolio for this year, several packages of paper, a sketch book, glue sticks and a couple of notebooks. Since we homschool I know exactly what we will need, no waiting for a list. We don't do school clothes, we just buy our kids clothes throughout the year as they need them.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:37 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Yes. During the last month, I have lucked up on some great things for my dd on clearance racks at Walmart and Kohl's. So far, I have bought lots of tops, 2 pairs of jeans, 1 pair of khakis, 1 coat, and her uniform skirt. I will buy more when we have the tax free shopping days next month-for more jeans and pants and tennis shoes. We need to order her school shirt and backpack from Land's End soon while we can get free shipping. We do not have to buy any of the supplies, the school provides it all.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 4:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2011