How do you get it through a stubborn persons head?

that a child needs certain things for school no matter what their age and that they need to quit being so stubborn and buy the items?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:41 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I would just go ahead and get one myself. I know in some cases it's just not possible, but if you go grocery shopping or anything alone, I would just pick one up. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:24 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• cordless drill?

assume you mean the father sees no reason to buy needed items for his child -sounds not stubborn as much as self centered ego driven, and possibly cheap

some men have priorities that are all about themselves and unable to see that children are children far longer than diaper age
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Bitch slap him......... LOL Just kidding..... I don't think you will be able to convince him, just buy the things anyway and he will just have to deal with it.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 8:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• You dont, you just go buy them for the child yourself if you have to. If this isn't your child you're speaking of, & it's a friend or family members child, buy the school supplies & keep them at your house until school starts. if it is your own child, you sure as hell dont need permission to buy them anything, you just go do it--stubborn person be damned.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 9:02 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Just buy the items...unless you're overstepping some sort of boundary. In that case mind your own business.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 11:32 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Give him the school list and see which things he wants to cross off and take back to the school. How can he argue with that?
    If it's about clothing that's something different because it's not required by school,lol.
    . I never really believed that my kids needed an entire new wardrobe to begin school((not saying that's what you're doing, just talking here)) if the clothes they had were in perfectly good shape and still fit. They got minimal new school clothes. New shoes always to start year and 2 tops/2pants/shorts. I probably wasn't the coolest Mom for doing it that way but....I didn't believe in spending money we didn't have. The rest would get replaced as they outgrew etc. JMO
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 11:17 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• we don't have the school list yet we just moved into a new school district
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 6:33 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• dont get tired...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:25 AM on Jul. 13, 2011