I have a 6yrold an caught he jerkin off??!help!!!! adult content

Hi iam very new to cafemom. The reason I made a account is I found my soon to be 6yr old beating off seriously with his bed shaking, I'm a single parent an didn't find no answers on Google. What do I do?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You talk to him about it, but not in a negative make him feel dirty way. You let him know certain things are ok to do in the privacy of his own room-shower. There is no need to freak out, Its natural all kids do it. Self exploration is super common in kids that age & above.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:48 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• There's nothing wrong with that , Just sit him down and tell him to do it in the bathroom or in his room , when no one is around , Hope i helped (:
    des11987

Answer by des11987 at 8:48 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Its natural. It feels good.

Answer by gemgem at 8:50 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• don't panic momma, this is pretty normal behavior,, just tell him that he should do this in private and only alone,,tell him you will knock on the door next time you come into his room,, no worries,, I am kind of amazed you have not caught him before,, every little boy I know has a penis they seem to be very interested in, LOL! And welcome!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:52 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I just figured at a young age it was highly uncommon. He was in his room an I had entered his room to stop him an asked what are you doing an he just stayed silent. I then said don't do that, it was for older boys!? Lol I'm lost! I should just let him do it? As long as he is in his room? I can't understand how he is so young an can kinda figure out the sensation of sex almost
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:57 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• My son has been doing that since he was like 4. It's NORMAL and nothing to worry about it! I've walked in on him a few times while he was doing it and have learned to knock before entering now.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:00 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I doesn't have anything to do with "Sex"! I am raising three boys. (17, 9, & 7) They have all done it. Its natural. They just like the way it feels. They are very aware of their "private" area. Do NOT embaress him or put shame on him. ALL BOYS DO IT!!........ When my youngest was around 3 1/2, I walked into the living room and he was watching the Backyardigans flicking his little peeper like nothing. I laughed to myself and said, "Baby, don't do that in front of mom." LMAO!
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 9:04 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Thank you all very much!! I really needed someone to tell me it was normal.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:05 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I think whomever voted down all these answers, has never raised a son!!!
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 9:05 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• It's completely normal. You definitely should go back to him and talk to him about it if you told him not to do it. DH said it was about 6 or 7 when he discovered masturbating. Exploring and touching is normal and healthy and you never want to make it seem like it's a bad thing. Our DS (6) has recently discovered it and I saw him touching himself on the couch with the rest of the family sitting there. We just told him his penis is private and therefore touching it should be private and should be done in his bedroom or bathroom and not on the couch for everyone to see. Boys get erections at an early age and they have to touch it to go to the bathroom so it's easy to figure out "hey this feels good!" It's not necessarily sexual yet but just something that feels good.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:05 AM on Jul. 13, 2011