I am 34 weeks pregnant today, and at my appointment this morning my dr decided i have preeclampsia and the baby will be born at just before 35 weeks...andy help with weighing the risks

I am 34 weeks pregnant as of today with baby number 4, all of my other pregnancies have been healthy, but this morning I was diagnosed with preeclampsia...the baby will be delivered 2 days shy of the 35 week mark, i need some help finding what health problems she may have.

mommyof444

Asked by mommyof444 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• why didn't you ask your doctor this?
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 5:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• sorry, don't know...but, you could google preeclampsia and find out that way. or just ask your OB doctor and call a pediatrician to get all information on it.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 5:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• How bad is your pre-e? Chances are your baby will be in NICU on oxygen since lungs are typically developing and aren't fully usable until 36 weeks. Each baby is different though.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• My son was born at 35weeks to the day I didnt hear him cry when he came out so I knew something was wrong. I didnt even get to see him they took him straight o the NICU and he stayed there for 2weeks. He couldnt breath on his own and he couldnt suck yet so he had a feeding tube. he also had ahole in his heart but it went away the day before he went home. they never said the hole was a big issue anyway. But the first time i aw him was when he was 2days old anf the first time i held him was when he was a little over a week old. I dont mean to scare you if i do. And your baby may have nothing wrong or may be worse. Just pray and Congrats Let us know....
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 5:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Have they been able to give steroid shots to mature the lungs? Every case is going to be different, and its going to depend on your individual issues. I delivered my youngest at 34w3d because of preeclampsia. He spent 12 days in the NICU, with the first week spent having brachycardia and apnea spells. The next 5 days were spent getting him able to maintain his body temp outside the warmer for 24 hours so he could be sent home.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Did your dr give you the steroid shot to help develope the babies lungs?
    Anonymous

• Here I googled 35 weeks and got this:
    http://www.marchofdimes.com/professionals/14332_1157.asp
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Also (sorry getting bits of info gathered) try adding salt to your diet as well as protein and eating a cucumber a day. Then ask to be retested. HTH :) GL
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:37 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Okay, so being able to edit answers would be nice. :) Here is another website that might help you a little:
    http://www.preeclampsia.org/about.asp
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2008