Repiercing belly ring...

Before i had gotten pregnant i had a bely ring for 4 yrs. While i was pregnant i eft it in until i was 6 months, and so now my child is 3 months old. so i have had it out for 9 months.
Well i can still see that its still open, but the bottom half has closed up a little so i figured id probably be able to get a smaller guage in and be fine as long as i took care of it, so i basically poked a small belly ring through it last night, it didnt even hurt, i can slide it with no problem bc its not to tight and closed up and what not, but i was wondering ...how do i move my way up to a bigger guage w/o it getting infected? I didnt force a big one through but i was just wondering , oh and do i move it up and down so it wont get stck there and stuff? And what can i clean it with, i heard reguarly salen solution u use for contacts were fine, is that true?
Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Health

• The safest thing to do is go to a piercing shop, but if that is not an option I can provide some advice with my own personal experiences. When it comes to changing gauges you have to strech the hole. It may be a little painful and there will probably be blood, so just take your time, one gauge every six weeks, and after the piercing is fully healed. Regarding cleaning/infection, you should always wash your hands before touching the piercing, then use a saline soak or sea salt cleansing (1/4 tsp salt to 1 c boiling water) at least two or three times daily. Simply invert a cup of warm saline or sea salt solution over the area to form a vacuum for a few minutes. A brief rinse will remove any residue. Use soap no more than once or twice a day, 30 seconds to 1 minute then rinse throughly. Dry with a paper towel or gauze pads. There is no need to move the piercing as that can cause infection. Good luck.

didra

Answer by didra at 12:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2011