Do you think a preschooler should have?

a backpack? My husband seems to think it is a waste of money and is being stubborn about buying about preschooler a backpack

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 9:01 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in

• If they are going to school - yes. They need something to carry their "stuff" in (lunch, change of clothes, papers the teacher sends home, etc.)

Answer by missanc at 9:03 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• yes, you will be surprised at how much stuff they can send home even with a preschooler. Backpacks don't have to be expensive, and the ones for little ones are rarely more than $5-$10.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 9:06 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Yes. In fact my kids were all required to have one. The teachers send notes and info in them along with your childs artwork, any clothes they forgot etc.

Answer by gemgem at 9:09 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I think it helps them get into the mindset of being a big kid. You can get one for like $5; I don't see what the big deal is.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 9:03 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Mine didn't get a backpack until kindergarten. If money is tight, unless the school requires it you don't need one.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 9:05 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Is he going to a real preschool, or a daycare that does preschool activities or daycare that has "preschool classes"? If it's a real preschool did they give you a supply list of what is needed? Most likely if it's a real preschool then they are going to have a back-pack on the supply list, etc. If it's a daycare type thing then I AGREE with your hubby it's a waist of your money.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:05 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• My three year old has a backpack. She likes to carry her own books if we got to the library or her clothes when we go to the pool. My sister's kids had book bags when they were in preschool.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 9:06 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I would call and ask them,, my son had one to transport his "work" back and forth,,also it was nice to put his jacket, mittens and stuff in.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:07 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• If they are going to bring stuff home, then yes. And seriously, they are $5 - waist the damn money! Come on!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:12 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• YES! When I taught preschool we used their backpacks every day. In the fall it is cool in the mornings and warn in the afternoons, a backpack is a safe place to put a jacket that is not needed when it's time to go home. Papers should come home at least once a week and many of my students kept a spare set of clothes in their backpacks just in case they might need them. A backpack should not be this big of an issue, they aren't very expensive during the back to school sales. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:19 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

Next question in
What continent is Egypt on?

Next question overall (Health)
Repiercing belly ring...