How pissed would you be? this is a about my landord..

ok so i live in the 3rd story of an apartment building and when i 1st signed my lease the office staff was awesome well they all either got fired or resigned for failer to keep up with the homeoffices standereds ..ok cool so now its under new managemnet. and now the buildings are up to thier par well how pissed would you be if you were sleeping at 830am and you get woke up by really loud noises that you think is a thunderstorm so you roll back over nd go to sleep just to be awaken again so this time u start to get up and see something fly off your roof?? just to find out its ppl on your roof fixing it again!!!!! they fixed it once over a mnth ago when a really bad storm wripped shingles off...i got no notice from the staff which would have been nice since my 3yr thought thier were monsters on my roof and to top it all off the windows down by the front door you have to go threw to get to my house is shatterd and all they have done is put some scottch tape over it and put on it with pen do not touch glass that has been over a week ago!!!!!! also im almst 6mnth pregger which has a role in it too but honestly how pissed would you be??

rachel216

Asked by rachel216 at 9:06 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• When I was living in an apartment I only got notice when they were working IN my unit not on the building itself. Typically they start after 7 am when MOST people are up and have already left for work. If the glass is an issue then you need to talk to the office and if you don't get it resolved then you need to call the corporate office and go from there.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:12 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I wouldnt be, New roofs means no leaks or water getting into my apartment. I would definitly be calling about the broken window though. To combat the scary monsters ont he roof all you need to do is take her-him outside and explain the job they are doing and why it is so noisey!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:14 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I would let it go,, at least they are fixing stuff, and sure it would have been nice to know about it, but 8 is really not too early, I would have just taken my kiddo outside and shown him the roofers.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:13 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• If people would just worry and pay attention to the "real problems' going on in this whole country instead of menial crap like this we would all be better off than we are now. Really??? This is your problem for the day?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I always have had got letters a week before explaining us about road being fixed, or our building being painted or what so ever then they would sent in reminder again a day before of that date. I always get those and well aware of everything going on around my apt. I never had those problems, but sheesh I would be hella pissed too. You should talk to the office to get them to do that and about the glass issue, that is something serious. They aren't suppose to leave it around like that, esp for a week?!?! It should be cleaned up at the end of each day!
    breezymommie

Answer by breezymommie at 9:17 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• 8 really isnt that early it jst would have been nice ..i had no clue wat was going on.then i saw stuff flying off my roof i was like wtf is going on!!.my hubby agrees im kinda over reacting he says i need to get my hormons n check lol...
    rachel216

Comment by rachel216 (original poster) at 9:17 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• they had someone come look at it last fri and nothing since then and its even worse now bc chuncks of glass are missing...i fig they would have had it fixed by that mon and nope its still busted.....they gave us a notice when they were spraying pestisides so thats a plus at least they did that
    rachel216

Comment by rachel216 (original poster) at 9:20 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• i agree with everyone..least things are getting fixed. but understand even a short notice wouldve been nice. and if u can take a pic of the broken glass and ask the office if this could be handled fast. if not complaine to the city or state. but be thankful u have things getting fixed i have had a few landlords that have done NOTHING. or our last one who would eaither A make us fix it ourselfs or B would take weeks to do something. last one we had no working oven for 4 weeks the burners worked but no oven..and also our kitchen sink was broken took 2 weeks for him to do something so in the mean time we had to fill a pot of water from the bathroom sink to boil water or use the tube to wash dishes.when he finally came to fix the sink again 2 weeks later.. when he was done he said " u have to sweep theres pieces of pipe all over the floor" i had a 4 yr old running around. he was also and old fashion guy. women are nothing...
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:27 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• The front door glass is an issue and hopefully they will fix that soon. It sounds as if the work they did on the roof over a month ago was just a temp. patch job. I would NOT be pissed at the landlord that's apart of life. I live in a house, but my neighbors are building a garage. The garage is about 20 feet from my bedroom windows. For a whole week I had to deal with workers coming and starting hammering at 6:30 in the morning. They also put up the roof at 6:30 am. Then the neighbors the following week had their roof redone and the work there started at 6:30 am. Granted these are my neighbors houses and not the one I live in, but my neighbors didn't warn me and I don't expect them too. Sure it would be nice if the landlord/manager gave me a heads up, but I think your husband is right and your hormones are getting the best of you and are over reacting.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:30 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• i mean yes at least its getting fixed but when they first came out why didnt it get fixed then?? and like i said alot of it i think is my being hormonal ....and tabbys4 wtf thats horrible!!!!!
    rachel216

Comment by rachel216 (original poster) at 9:36 AM on Jul. 13, 2011