I can't believe I missed his phone call!!! :(

My husband is in Afghanistan right now and I missed his call last night! I feel terrible! He was calling to make sure I made it safe to my family's house (I'm not leaving until today, but our time difference confuses him) I hope he is able to call back again today. I know he has a mission today and I hate that I didn't get to tell him I love him before. Someone please make me feel better :(

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 9:24 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I understand your situation all too well!!!! Please know that even though you may have missed his call that you both are still thinking of each other and love each other very much. Im sure not a day goes by that he wouldnt call you every minute of the day. When that would happen to me, I would write down the things I wanted to tell him because the next time he would call, I would be so caught up in the moment that I may have forgetten to tell him something important. If he has an email or Facebook, you can always write him a message. My husband was so appreciative of the notes I left him, made him feel so much more loved. I will pray for you, he will call back, dont you worry. And thank you for his service AND YOURS!!!
    Allie120

Answer by Allie120 at 9:31 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Under the circumstances you should not feel bad. Between time differance and him not knowing when to call. It happens. Just leave him an email. That is about all you can do.  My DH was in Iraq for 15 months and did a tour in Korea for 12 months. So I understand how it feels to miss a call.

Answer by louise2 at 9:41 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Thank you ladies :) my husband has deployed 4 times now and I have only missed his calls maybe a handful of times, but usually it is in the matter of seconds and he calls me right back. I am more upset over this call because I knew he had a mission and also because I don't want him worry about me since I will be traveling. I don't want his worries to affect him during such a stressful time. I am sure he will call soon. I did leave him a message on his facebook account just in case he gets on a computer before getting to a phone.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 9:58 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I'm sure he realizes that people DO miss a phone call now and then and he probably knows that you would not have missed it on purpose at all. Don't beat yourself up over it. You're both thinking of each other today....just know that. You will talk to him as soon as you get another chance so don't obsess in the meantime....just think how much you love each other and know your hearts are tied to one another. That's what I do! Try and have a good day!!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 11:05 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• dont worry things better will come...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:23 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• What type of computer does he have? My PC lets me have 2 clocks in the lower right hand corner...so I can place my mouse over it and it'll pop-up with my time and his time (My DH is in 'Stan too). My husband has that too on his PC. It is kind of difficult because it's
    8 1/2 hours difference here from EST.

I've missed calls too and it's always so heart-wrenching. I hope he is able to call back soon. {hugs}
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 10:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2011

• My dh was deployed many years ago, he only got to call every two weeks. I would be heart sick when I would hear his message on the answering machine! I would always write him a letter immediately (before email and skype lol) just to get my feelings out. Nothing negative, just "sorry I missed you", "and I love you" type of thing.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:10 PM on Jul. 15, 2011

• don't feel bad he will contact you again when he can may he be safe and God be with him while he is there and be with you while you are apart
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:48 AM on Jul. 18, 2011