pregnant & mirena???

my baby is 2 months nd 1 week old. i had mirena put in on 12-3, last night me nd my fiance had unprotected sex. i got up this morning, and i was bleeding. so im guessing its my period. im sooo scared that im gona get pregnant...again.

any suggestions??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your period is all messed up the first couple months from Mirena. You have it so you don't get pregnant...don't freak out, it's ok
    Anonymous

• Mirena pregnancies are pretty horrible. It's as effective as regular birth control, maybe slightly more, but you still can get pregnant. The differene is, with nuva ring or the pill you can just stop taking it. With mirena, it's in there with the baby and removing it can kill the baby and leaving it can cause birth defects. It's a huge risk, and doctors don't really talk about it because they think a pregnancy that early being a 'baby' is silly to even consider.
    Anonymous

• For the first few months after getting my IUD put in I would bleed after sex every time. From what I have seen from others online that's pretty normal. It's finally stopped, thank heavens. Don't freak out just yet, you're probably fine.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 6:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I would never have another IUD put in. I had a copper IUD and after two years of it being in place it some how ended up side ways. I bled heavily for over two weeks had bad cramps went in to the office to have it removed and thats when I found out it was sideways. My doctor wanted to leave it in. Two months later I got pregnant and It was a tubal. IUD's all can lead to tubal pregnancies. I had to have my tubal surgically removed, have a D&C and lost 2/3 of my left fallopian tube. All due to the IUD being in place. I know its only 1% chance but never again will I have an IUD of any kind. So do be checked cause I think you better be safe then sorry. Also I had no previous problems with tubal pregnancies or miscarrages until after my IUD. Something to consider.
    jennifer8585

Answer by jennifer8585 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I had a friend who got mirena and in 2 days it worked itself into her stomach. she had to have surgery to get it out and since mirena wasn't covered by her insurance she had to pay for the surgery and all the tests out of pocket.
    Anonymous

• YIKES! I had the mirena for two years and never had any problem other than no period. What I ran into was when we had it removed it took a year and a half to get pregnant again! So this time I had the paragaurd placed in October and still haven't had any problems. I am sure you are fine, you can spot for like three months after it is placed...if your gut is telling you that something is wrong, call you doctor
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 8:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2008