Do you really embrace the differences that people have or do you wish we were all more similar?

I hear that saying " if we were all the same, how boring would life be" but then I wonder why so many people hate others due to their differences.

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 9:40 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• while I embrace differences amongst people, I have to admit, I wish there were more people who felt as I did. Had similar convictions that I do. Which is why I believe strongly in raising kids with the hope those convictions pass down to my own children. So far, I believe they will .
    momma-t42

Answer by momma-t42 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I am all for individuality--those things that make you, you, and that make me, me. What I dislike is being told that I have to approve of behaviors that are totally unacceptable to me and then being called a racist or a bigot or some other name because I do not. I guess what I'm saying is that tolerance of our differences should cut both ways, and it seldom does.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:10 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I cannot embrace the difference that makes people abusers and pedophiles. I think the world would be so much better if the predators did not exist.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:43 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Cultural differences for the most part I'm comfortable with. I have lived places where people were pretty much alike, looked similar, same basic background, and I found that I missed the diversity that I'm used to.....I'm from Los Angeles though, and I guess diversity is part of our culture......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:58 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• What gets me are...the people who want you to embrace their "differences" but they somehow cannot find it in themselves to embrace your differences from them. I see it ALL the time and it really just gets me. It's like..."Hey, don't put any labels on me and don't judge me for what I do or how I live my life but I'm going to bash you into the ground because I don't agree with your beliefs and choices, OK?"
    I'm really sick of the whole thing. I see it daily. I had a guy wait on me to come out of the grocery store abt 2 weeks ago bcz he read bumper stickers on my car and wanted to see who car belonged to. I came out with my cart...he confronted me at my vehicle and told me that he read my stickers and I needed to read his. He then proceeded to tell me that I was a part of the problem and not the solution and so on....I think if I had been a man...he would not have done that #1 and #2....HE was being the problem, not me.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 10:49 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I will NEVER be TOLD that I have to approve of anything that I feel doesn't fit in with what I believe. They can shove that! LOL. That's telling ME how I can and cannot THINK for myself and my brain is my OWN. That's infringing on my right to even be a human being with a working, functioning brain. No Thanks. Not me.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 2:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• i search for iqual judgments
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:22 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• no. if there were more ppl like me i would run off a cliff...i like difference folks!
    dancingthrulife

Answer by dancingthrulife at 10:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2011

• The only differences that I don't "embrace" are stupidity and ignorance. There sure is a lot of that running around!
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 10:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2011

• I agree with pp
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:47 AM on Jul. 18, 2011