Trying to have a another baby with no monthly menstrual period? !Help??!

I've been trying to conceive for 11 months now and also with no period for these 11 months? ! I don't think this is at all normal and my doctor says its because 2 yrs ago I had the mirena(5) yr one only for 2yrs. After that I had yhe depo shot for 6months. And still nothing for 11 months. I haven't had no protection at all?! Very confused an doctors say it takes a year but it will be next month.

Amw2011

Asked by Amw2011 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• After depo my girlfriend didn't get her periods either. So the doctor gave her some kind of med to start them, then it came really heavy and didn't stop.
    Depo is evil.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 9:51 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Do u kno wut the med was?
    Amw2011

Comment by Amw2011 (original poster) at 9:54 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I am surprised after no period for 11 months they have not given you something to 'force' you to start. A friend of mine had no period for 3 months and they started her. she has something that makes her body very irregular so they medically 'make' her have a period if she goes longer than 3 months. They told her if she ever wanted kids they would have to do this drug in combination with clomid or something similar. Granted hers is a medical problem but the process- it seems to me would be about the same. Have you gotten a second opinion on this?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:59 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I've had my doctor for awhile an she is against teen pregnancy but I'm 23 now an she gives me the run around I've now got a different doctor and a appointment in aug. I jus really hope I'm good in all the right areas still. Lol I will see soon! Thank you for answering
    Amw2011

Comment by Amw2011 (original poster) at 10:09 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• The other thing I may add is talk to a fertility clinic. They maybe more expensive than a regular doctor, but will be more 'used' to this symptom and may have some really easy ways to kick start your cycle.

baby dust

nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 10:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Ask for provera, it will jumpstart your cycles. I am in the same boat. My lmp was may 25th and stopped bc pills mid-pack on June 10th. Nothing since, and we want another baby quickly. I have to go to the doctor at the end of this month if nothing happens before then.
    mamato2gagirls

Answer by mamato2gagirls at 6:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Maybe you should try an infertility clinic they can help you understand when you are ovulateing and possiable give you a shot or pill.Or to answer your question also if you relaxe and try to not think about getting pregnet it could all fall into place.
    kiliki411

Answer by kiliki411 at 5:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2011