7month is congested

She is congested and have allergies real bad. She is just miserable, she refusing to eat. I am giving her breathing treatments, and have the humidifier going. Is there any other remedies that may help her out? I just hate to see her this way. She also have a runny nose and a bad cough. I know that cold medicine is a no no, but is there anything that I can do to make her feel better? :(

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 10:00 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son went through that too. Your doing good by having the humidifier. Another thing you can do is put vapor rub on the chest and the feet and put socks on the feet. I really hope she gets better, make sure to include lots of rest for your LO
    good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:18 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Call the doctor, especially since she's not eating. Infants can get dehydrated way too quickly.
    Anonymous

• My son also went through that. This sounds weird but try putting Baby Vicks on the bottoms of your babys feet. You can also rub on chest too. I have also tried saline drops and then using a suction bulb. I hope this helps!
    nikkilea1978

Answer by nikkilea1978 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• The saline drops are good they are not really a medicine but a saline for the nose but very helpful, I used For Tiny Noses on my Gr-Son. My DD always uses that suction bulb on her last baby, she was always very congested, you'd be surprised how well it works. My Dr. always said humidifier so that's a good start. Doesn't J & J make something you can put in the bath to help with colds, I think I saw that once? If not if was something to rub on the chest to help with a cold for babies. Hope she feels better, nothing worse than a sick baby.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Also using the saline drops a moment or two before the suction bulb helps clear out more. I hope that helps. And if you are worried a lot about it, you can always call or go to the doctor. They may be able to give you something to help. They get paid the big money to be there.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 1:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• It may sound strange, but are her ears blocked? Ear canals and nasal passages are close together and they can affect one another.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 1:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2011